Foreteen Contest made for You!

house_whatelse posted on Nov 09, 2008 at 02:53AM
Right now I am an ubiased opinion on shipping and I have sources who back me up on that. So I thought it would be great if the ships have a campaigning contest. Basically you all give reasons why someone who is undecided who wants to ship ONE ship should ship this ship. At the end I will decide who was most convincing group of people, that doesn't mean I'll start shipping though.

RULES
1. Only POSITIVE comments are to be made- only say good things about your ship on your forum. No bashing of other ships at anytime and no showing how they wouldn't work.

PUNISHMENT- If I were to see any bashing of any ships on their forum or on yours I will YANK this contest off as soon as I seen it and the contest will immediately end.

PRIZE- Besides knowing your group did the best at campaigning which doesn't mean your ship is the best it just means you did the best at campaigning, the sole person that I thought had the best comment that pushed the undecided person over the edge will get props.

Lastly, people this is not meant to be taken as a serious thing, it's just a little fun contest people will have fun doing. I'm making things clear right now, Bashing and Fighting = Unhappy HW and unhappy HW isn't always the best thing. So ABSOLUTELY NO BASHING!

Foreteen 31 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu misanthrope86 said…
I will be campaigning in installments, because I don't have time to say all the things that I want to say at once!

I'll start off by saying that, at the time of writing this, the Foreman/Thirteen relationship is in its infancy. It has been proposed that episode 9 of season 5 is when Foreteen really starts to gain momentum, when Thirteen is enrolled in a clinical trial that Foreman is involved in. So, thus far, Foreteen shippers do not have that much to go on!

I thought I would start by pointing out what I believe to be the similarities between the two characters. I think that these similarities are important to understanding why they could have a great relationship.

1) Strong in their beliefs - Both Foreman and Thirteen are strongly opinionated people who firmly believe in certain values and beliefs about the world and how to conduct themselves in the world. They both do what they believe it right. Both have stood up to House on a number of occasions. Thirteen has put House in his place a number of times, particularly when he confronted her with her Huntington's test results and she told him to, basically, 'get stuffed'. Similarly, Foreman regularly tells House that he is wrong. I think both of these characters has demonstrated that they have firm beliefs about the practice of medicine and moral ways of living life and doing what is right.
Similarities continued...

2) Identity Issues/The Boxes - Both Foreman and Thriteen don't fit into the boxes that society demands they fit into. Foreman came from a background of delinquency and when he chose to leave that behind, he lost part of his indentify and no longer fit inside his previous ‘box’. Similarly, Thirteen does not fit inside the ‘heterosexual’ box or the ‘homosexual’ box and thus also endures tension within her identity. Thus, both characters understand what it feels like to be confused about who you are and not fitting in with societies expectations.

(EDIT: I have plenty more to say, and will be later when I have more time!)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu oldmovie said…
*claps for Missy!!!* I loved both of your points! The boxes thing really got me, I knew that with 13 but actually now that you've pointed out that about Foreman I kind of took a step back and went woah she's right! Well anyways *cracks knuckles* I thought I'd give campaigning for a different ship a try, and considering I find the possibilities of this couple very interesting, I thought I would talk about just that, the possibilities.

First the most obvious conflict for any relationship with 13 is that she dying, obvious I know, but it still creates an interesting dilemma for the both of the characters involved in the relationship. Now I've been pretty general there but I think Foreman would be the most interesting to watch dealing with that because he already has to deal with his mother dying of Altzehimers, I don't really have anything profound here, I just think that because of what he has already gone through it would be sort of an ironic twist of fate that the other woman in his life, his mother being the first, is also dying of a degenerate brain disorder.

I find the concept of 14 incredibly ironic. As stated above, 13's disease is a degenerative brain disorder that slowly kills her over time. Foreman, though the show makes him out to be a sort of "House Lite" character, in my opinion shares similar qualities to House but values different things. Foreman values life, human life and will try to fix it and cure the person no matter what, not for the puzzle, such as with House, but because of the life. He values second chances because that it what he got, and he wants to give people another chance at life. This is going to drive him crazy with 13 because he won't be able to solve her problem, and perhaps that's why he starts this research in an attempt to try and give her a second chance. He will also have a tough time with her because she is already so defeated and he will need to try and break through her walls she has put up to protect herself as well as others and try to convince her to try his experimental trial in the hopes of receiving that elusive second chance.

I also wonder how 13 will view all of this. Will she fall for Foreman the way I'm sure he'll fall for her, or will she be using him as maybe a hope, sort of clinging to the idea of him curing her rather than actually loving him? Kind of like she clung to her lover in "Lucky 13" when she thought she was dying, she clings to an identity, or somebody to share in her misery, and maybe if she sees Foreman sharing her misery and trying to help her she will cling to the Foreman who helps her and feels her pain, rather than Foreman per say.

Personally I find the possibilities of this couple very interesting, and is for sure going to be playing with a lot of psychology and trying to understand the human mind just as both 13 and Foreman and trying to understand it. So lol how did I do?
That was awesome oldmovie! Great analysis!

I'm so glad that you have offered your thoughts here because you have presented some ideas that I hadn't really clicked to yet. Like what you said about Foreman and his 'fixation on life' is such a great analysis!
I am also really interested to see if Thirteen 'clings' to Foreman, whether it be romantic clinging or just a friendship clinging.

I have more points to make in my campaign that will support and/or expand on some of oldmovie's points and I shall bombard you with them now...

3) Parents - oldmovie made the suggestion that there was a connection between Foreman and Thirteen that can be explained in the context of Foreman's mother's condition. I think that is very true. I think by trying to help Thirteen he is in a way, trying to help his mother. Both Huntington's and Alzheimer's are neurological disorders that medicine knows little about and cannot cure. Foreman, being a neurologist, knows this better than anyone. He knows what is in store for both his mother and Thirteen further down the road as their diseases progress. So I think he also feels guilty that despite all the knowledge he has, he cannot help them. I think we may see this more clearly once the clinical trials start. But I really do think that these trials are an opportunity for Foreman to at least try to help Thirteen, in whom he sees his own mother.
On another level, I think they also share a bond with their family experiences. Foreman is at present watching his mother deteriorate mentally. He is watching her die. Thirteen also watched her mother die of Huntington's. Thus, they both know the pain of watching a loved one die a slow and virtually uncontrollable death.

4) Death/Dying - In the 'Euphoria' episodes, Foreman experiences the sensation of dying and attempted to come to terms with his impending death (but of course, House saves the day!). And Thirteen is of course dealing with her own illness, which will kill her. I think Foreman saw that Thirteen, by having casual sex, doing drugs and so on, was reacting to the realisation of her own mortality. Foreman himself has been in that situation, he just didn't have the time or resources to go out, get high and get laid! Thus, I think Foreman understands what Thirteen is going through in terms of being confronted with the process of dying and death.

5) Emotional Control - Both Foreman and Thirteen restrict their emotions, particularly in social settings. Foremans tends to be disinterested in strong social connections with his colleagues and Thirteen has also avoided or deflected personal conversations with other memembers of the team. I think this control over emotions is linked to the lack of control both characters perceive themselves to have over their lives. Obviously, Thirteen has no control over her disease and will in fact lose control over her own body as the disease progresses. Thus, controlling her emotions and her social interactions (i.e. anonymous sex!) allow her to exercise control over some aspects of her life.
As for Foreman, I think his situation is a little more complex. As we know, he was a juvenile deliquent. I think that perhaps Foreman feels that if he does let go emotionally, he may lose control over his life again, like he did when he was younger. This is, I think, where the 'Foreman is boring' thing comes from. He feels that he needs to concentrate on himself in order to keep himself in check (I'm not saying that if we were to open up more emotionally then he would go out and steal a car! I just think that he equates emotional experiences to being out of control, and he equates being out of control to his actions when he was younger).
For the above reasons, I think that the scene in the locker room in the episode 'Lucky 13' was a very significant step away from the emotional stuntedness that both characters often demonstrate. Foreman openly cared about her welfare. And as a result, Thirteen opened up, let him in and told him that she was scared. Both parties knocked down a wall.
Ok, I'm sure there are lots of similarities that I haven't mentioned yet, but those were the big ones for me.

One thing that I did want to mention was the Boring/Exciting dicotomy that seems to be in play in their relationship. Foreman is considered boring, whereas Thirteen is considered to be kind of exotic, due to her bisexualism and her mysterious persona. Given that in 'Lucky 13' there was a focus on how everyone thinks Foreman is boring (I don't!) and how crazy Thirteen's life has become, I can't help but feel that they could perhaps balance each other out. That is, Thirteen could help Foreman losen up and Foreman could help Thirteen deal with her fear more appropriately. Feel that there is great potential for them to assist each other in a number of ways and that they could compliment each other very well within a relationship.
For my next strategic move in this campaign (LOL!), I want to talk about some specific scenes that involve the two characters. Most of them will be from season 5, because I have only seen season 4 once and the dvd isn't out here in New Zealand, so I may have missed some more subtle moments earlier in season 4. Also, the main Forteen storyline is supposed to start up in upcoming season 5 episodes, so these moments are all Foreteen shippers have to go on so far.
IMPORTANT SCENE ONE:
4x12 - Foreman and Thirteen in the MRI Room -

For me, this is when Forteen was born. Foreman and Thirteen discuss the problem of oversimplifying people and putting them into boxes. Foreman also informs Thirteen that he knows that she is bisexual. It seems that Foreman is the first person on the team to confrim this. It has been suggested that House knew before Foreman, but I personally think House wasn't 100% sure yet, but I'm a biased Foreteen shipper, so I think Foreman figured it out first.
Foreman goes on to say:
"People who have a problem with boxes are people who don't fit in them." which is a statement that I think relates so well to both of them for reasons that I have already stated.

Then this exchange happens in relation to Thirteen's bisexuality:

Thirteen: "I would ask if this was gonna be lunchtime gossip, but lucky for me..."

Foreman: "I don't give a damn."

For me, this conversation shows that these two characters, as emotionally distant as they are from the other characters, are comfortable with each other. Foreman makes it clear that her sexuality is none of his business and therefore is something that he will not annoy her about. Her sexuality is not something that Foreman will define her by. I think this makes her feel like she has an ally in Foreman as someone she can trust and someone with whom she can be herself (to a certain extent) without the fear of being judged.
IMPORTANT SCENE TWO:
5x05 - Group DDX -

'Lucky 13' is basically the real, official birth of the Foreteen relationship. In this particular scene, Foreman is the only one of the team to ask about Thirteen's drug use. He is genuinely concerned about her drug use. At first it seemed as though he was probably asking her about the drugs because it would not be safe to practice medicine when you are high as a kite! But he is genuinely concerned about whether or not she took drugs too. It wasn't simply an enquiry into her ability to safely work as doctor; it was an enquiry into her state of mind. It was an attempt to ask her if she was ok. It was a sign that he was concerned about Thirteen the person, not just Thirteen the doctor.
IMPORTANT SCENE THREE:
5x05 - "I'll go." -

In this scene, House wants to go to Thirteen's apartment to find anything that may have caused the patient's illness (and to spy of course!). When the team are deciding who else should go, Foreman says that he will go and make sure House doesn't steal any of Thirteen's underwear. Firstly, I will resist the temptation to talk about why Foreman was talking about Thirteen's underwear (apart from the obvious, which is that is exactly what House would have done!), because that would be an immature fangirl response. So I will say that I think this is another example of Foreman caring about Thirteen and her privacy. I think he really felt that he needed to protect her from House's excessive snooping. I think that this shows that he respects her, probably more than he respects his other team members (past and present). This links back to the season 4 episode in which Foreman gives performance reviews (can't remember which episode! Argh!) and he call Thirteen in and tells her that she has been very brave in the face of adversity. He looked genuinely proud of her and respectful of her. Thirteen, however, shuts the conversation down and runs away, despite Foreman's well-intentioned praise.
IMPORTANT SCENE FOUR:
5x05 - The Observation Room -

After Foreman and House have searched Thirteen's apartment, Foreman confronts Thirteen about the test results that he found in her apartment. He almost pleads with her to think about the way that she is choosing to live her life. He is very concerned about her behaviour. Thirteen, on the other hand tries to push him away, although it is obvious that this is hard for her. She didn't forcefully tell him to back off. She made excuses and looked almost as if she was about to cry.

This is also a mirror of the scene from 4x12. Foreman once again is the keeper of one of Thirteen's secrets. He did no tell House or the others about Thirteen's bisexuality and now he has hidden and will continue to hide Thirteen's test results. I think he is trying to protect her, not only from House's insensitivity, but the curiosity of the other team members as well.
IMPORTANT SCENE FIVE:
5x05 - The X-Ray Room -

In this scene, Foreman apologises to Thirteen for upsetting her. Foreman rarely apologises for upsetting people, certainly not in a social context. As Thirteen is desperately trying to find something that will help her get her job back, she accepts his apology without much acknoledgement of it. For Foreman, this was big step. Firstly, he considers the new team members to be subordinate to him, so he does not seem to really care if he upsets them (although he is much nicer to them than House is, in an effort to be un-House-like). However, he is genuinely concerned that he has upset Thirteen and he tries to make it right between them. Secondly, I think this is a major move from Foreman to reach out to her and show her that he is on her side and that he wants to help her.

(EDIT: Ok, so that is my campaigning for today, but I still have 2 more important scenes to run through and a whole lot more! So I'll be back!)
IMPORTANT SCENE SIX:
5x05 - House's Office -

After Thirteen saves the patient, the whole team are in House's office discussing the new symptom. Foreman tells House that Thirteen has proven herself and that he should hire her back. He defended her quite forcefully and really pushed the point that she had done well and deserved her job back. This interested me, because when Cameron quit (the first time, at the end of 'Role Model'), Foreman was more interested in pointing out how it was House's fault. He was constantly picking at House about what a bad person House was, and barely mentioned Cameron. But in this scene, Foreman really jumps to Thirteen's defense. His point is that Thirteen is a good doctor and deserves another chance. Cameron is a good doctor too, yet Foreman didn't use this argument against House when she quit. Granted, the situations are different (Cameron quit, Thirteen was fired), but my main point is that Foreman fought on Thirteen's behalf, yet he has been given the opportunity to fight for others, he hasn't really done it. In this scene, Thirteen's employment takes priority over the medicine and this is an attitude that Foreman rarely displays.
Again, I think this scene demonstrates Foreman's desire to be an ally with Thirteen. And her acceptance of his help suggests that she is open to his friendship.
IMPORTANT SCENE SEVEN:
5x05 - The Locker Room -

Fangirl screams aside, this is a very important Foreteen scene. Foreman, once again, tries to reach out to Thirteen. When she doesn't respond to him, he says:
"I'm gonna keep standing here until you say something."
Foreman really wants Thirteen to open up to him and by pushing her firmly but gently, she talks to him about how she feels alone. This is perhaps the most personal thing that she has said on the show. I think we all knew that that was how she was feeling, but it was cathartic for her to say it and also I think for the audience to hear it.
The ensuing silence was important because I think it demonstrated that they are comfortable with each other, even if it is an awkward comfort. That sounds weird, I know, but what I mean is that they both feel comfortable with each other, but they don't feel comfortable with the closeness that these situations bring. So I think they feel at ease with each other, but still not entirely comfortable with the emotional content that they are feeling and expressing.

This scene also contrasts beautifully with the House and Thirteen Locker Room scene from earlier in the episode. House was trying to analyse why Thirteen, as a bisexual, was only having casual sex with women. Thirteen was visibly annoyed and basically told House to bugger off. I think House's behaviour in this scene really upset her. I think that for House, Thirteen's Huntington's is just as interesting as her sex life. But Foreman is interested in how Thirteen is feeling and how her Huntington's in affecting her personally, and he doesn't care about her sex life at all, unless it is hurting her (physically and emotionally). I think Thirteen can sense that and that is why she is opening up to Foreman. I think she can really tell that Foreman has pure intentions and is genuinely interested in who she is and how she is feeling.
So those are the most important scenes, for me, so far in season 5.
The main points about their relationship at this point are that 1) Foreman wants to be Thirteen's ally, 2) They are similar people, even if their issues have manifested themselves in different ways and 3) both characters are entering new emotional territories.

The main Foreteen storyline is supposed to be begining in episode 8, but I haven't heard anything official yet.

Part of shipping a couple, for me, is about what you want to happen between them, rather than what actually does happen between them. The beauty of the Forteen relationship, I think, is that they have no history together. For example, the House/Cuddy* relationship has a back-story that we know some of. So we know that those two characters have been done that path before. With Foreman and Thirteen there is no pressure and there are no expectations. And that, for me, gives the 'House' writers great freedom to develop the Foreteen relationship more organically.
Which leads me to my main reason for shipping Forrteen: anything could happen. Personally, I think they will simply become ver close friends. I don't think the writers will give them a full-on romantic/sexual relationship. But even if they do, I am a fan of their interactions. So I really don't care if they fall madly in love, just have sex or form a close friendship bond. It's the Foreteen interaction that I want to see, and I don't care how they give it to me!

*Just to be clear, I am totally not bashing! I'm a huge Huddy fan too! Just using the House/Cuddy relationship to show the contrast between relationships with history versus relationships without history.
By the way, I am nowhere near done! I have plenty more to say, but this is probably sort of a summary point, because there hasn't been much Foreteen interaction since 'Lucky Thirteen.'
*SPOILERS for episodes 8-10 of Season 5*

So the Foreteen relationship has pretty much been confirmed. The clinical trials that Foreman is involved in have been set up (in 'Emancipation') and in the next few episodes, the Foreman/Thirteen relationship is going to start getting more involved.

The way that the writers are building this relationship is intriguing. As we saw in 'Emanicpation', Foreman is desperate to do these clinical trials. We normally see Wilson in the "I-have-to-save-everybody" role, but Foreman has clearly taken on some Wilson-like qualities with regards to Thirteen and her problems. Foreman has always fought for the medicine and the patient, but I think we may see over the next few episodes that he is much more personally invested in these clinical trials, as he wants to help Thirteen on a personal level, not just as a patient or a colleague.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu babybell said…
damn i just made a really long thing and deleted it... it wasn't very good anyways.. i will write in again sometime. The rest of you (missy ad om) have got amazing reasons anyway.
Also foreteen is amazing because i helped either bainmoussant or busanbusan invent the name.. i can't remember which :P

LOL babybell!

*SPOILERS for 'Last Resort'*

IMPORTANT SCENE EIGHT:
5x09 - The Begining/End of the Episode -

The significance of Foreman being the one at Thirteen's bedside at the end of the episode is not lost on any House fan. Apart from the great episode symmetry (Foreman and Thirteen talking about the clinical trials at the begining of the episode as well as at the end), it was a fantastic scene that has set up the Foreteen story arc really well, at least in my opinion. So, I have some thoughts about the scene that I think will add weight to the Foreteen campaign!

Ok, so when Foreman left the differential I knew he would regret it! At the end of the episode we saw Foreman at Thirteen's bedside, he apologuised for leaving the differential. Now, I personally think he was right to remove himself, medically. I think he was right about House's motives (wow, that is a whole other story!). But as soon as he did it, I think a lot of Foreteen fans knew that he would regret his decision. BUT, importantly, he doesn't regret leaving the differential for medical reasons, rather, he regrets leaving for personal reasons (not being there to help Thirteen). This is something that Foreman has never done. Sometimes I think he feels guilty about not being there to try and medically help patients, but, to me, Foreman felt more guilty about not being there to support Thirteen and do all that he could to help her get through an incredibly difficult situation. I doubt he said sorry to House...

Also, Thirteen's new positive outlook, while at this point I don't know how long it will last, seems to mirror Foreman's positive outlook after his near death experience. So, again, there are great similarities between the characters responses to death.

In terms of that priceless Thirteen smile at the end of that scene, I think it says a lot about her attitude towards Foreman. We have never seen Thirteen smile like that. We have seen her smile sweetly at patients, but with an air of detatchment. We have seen her smile a familiar House-like maniacal smile when she solves a case or has a great medical idea. But in this scene, she is happy to see Foreman. To steal a Chameron theme, she glows when she sees him at her bedside. I think that this is the first time that we have seen Thirteen genuinely happy, and Foreman is a big part of that.

So, I think that this scene was a real heart-melter. It was so great to see Foreman's caring and dedication to Thirteen. It was also great to see Thirteen look so happy, even thought she was quite sick. I think this shows the depth of the bond that is developing between them.
*SPOILERS for 'Let Them Eat Cake'*

Ok, so this episode featured a heck of a lot of Foreteen moments, so here goes!

Firstly, during the finger-tapping test, Thirteen talks about how it is nepotistic for her to be in the trial just because Foreman is running it. Now, I don't know much about running a clinical trial, but I'm pretty sure Thirteen has a point. As she points out, the other people in the trial are much, much further advanced in her Huntington's than she is. It is possible that the clinical trial needs to assess the effectiveness of the drug across a range of levels of the illness, but it is unlikely. Thus, Foreman has probably abused his position as head of the clinical trial by shoving Thirteen in. That is a big risk for him to take, as it is unprofessional. So, I think it sends an important message that Foreman is willing to put himself on the line to help Thirteen.
*'Let Them Eat Cake' analysis continued...*

Foreman and Thirteen's interactions regarding the clinical trials was incredibly interesting. Foreman was very, very forceful with Thirteen about her missing appointments, as evidenced in the way he was pushing her and also by the fact that he broke into her house to check up on her. One of the things that Foreman has often become mad at House about is the way House breaks into peoples' houses; and yet he has done this exact thing to Thirteen. I think Foreman was desperate to know if Thirteen had slipped back into her self-destructive ways, and just as House is desperate to know as much as he can, Foreman had to go to those lengths to find out if Thirteen was ok.

To then find out that Thirteen had in fact been following all his instructions, I think we were shown that 1) Thirteen does care about her own life, and 2) she appreciates the effort that Foreman is going to to help her.

Obviously, the Foreman/Thirteen hug scene near the end of the episode is a very important scene. Once again, Thirteen opens up to Foreman in a way she has not yet done with any other character on the show.
Apart from the insanely sweet hug, there were several important moments in this scene.

Firstly, when Foreman says that it must have been hard for Thirteen to see her mother dying, Thirteen says that she wanted her mother to die. The usual response to such a statement would be of shock or horror, but, Foreman understands what Thirteen means because he is going through the same situation with his own mother. So he understands what it is like to watch a mother die and thus understands what Thirteen means when she says she wanted her mother to die.

Secondly, Thirteen tells Foreman that she never said "goodbye" to her mother. I think Foreman recognised that he may also face a similar situation, as his mother does not always remember who he is (because of her disease). Thus, when she dies, Foreman may not be able to say goodbye to his mother in a meaningful way. So, again, I think Foreman really can relate to the pain that Thirteen has felt and is still feeling.

On a more fangirly note, the Foreman/Thirteen hug was perfect. At first, I didn't think Foreman was going to hug her, because he was kinda hesitating. But then he did it! And then I thought that it would be one of those one-sided hugs (you know, like a 'House-hug', where House stands still while the other person hugs him!), but then Thirteen hugged him back!
I guess the point of my fangirlishness is that this ship keeps on surprising me with the directions that it takes. Another example of that is how stroppy Foreman was with Thirteen about keeping her appointments and getting over years of emotional pain in one day. Previously, Foreman had been very sympathetic, kind and caring towards Thirteen, but in 'Let Them Eat Cake', he was definately trying the tough-love approach.

So I am definately excited by the way the Foreteen relationship is developing so organically.
*SPOILERS for 'Joy To The World'*

Ok, I think I am calm enough to form sentences now.

In this episode, we saw Thirteen leave a very sweet little note for Foreman. To me, Thirteen never really seemed like the sweet-note-leaving kind, so I think it was probably quite rare for her to show that kind of affection towards another person. Yet clearly, Foreman has made her feel comfortable and safe enough for her to open up.
'Joy To The World' analysis continued...

In the previous episode, we had seen Foreman tell Thirteen to "get over" her issues. Thirteen learnt from that and is now on a better path. In 'Joy To The World', Thirteen tells Foreman that he is being an ass, and so Foreman takes that on board and changes his attitude. I think we are seeing that they really respect each other's opinions on a much deeper level than just colleagues. They care about what they other one thinks about them as a person. Its no longer medical opinions and diagnostic interactions. They have become personal with each other even though they are both pretty closed of people, emotionally.
'Joy To The World' analysis continued...

As for the kiss, well... I could go on forever, but I guess I have some main thoughts that I could share inbetween screaming like a fangirl and watching the scene over and over again.

I have heard a few other fans say that the whole scene was awkward and forced. Obviously, as a Foreteen fan, I disagree entirely and here is why:
it was the first truely genuine kiss that we have seen on House. Now, I am not bashing any other ship here, I am just explaining my position. If we think about the Huddy kiss, that kiss was born out of years of sexual tension coupled with an incredibly intense and stressful time for both House and Cuddy. And, as we have seen, the aftermath has been very awkward and confusing for them. Again, if we consider the House/Cameron kiss, while I would argue that they had a couple of moments of real emotion in that kiss, it was nevertheless a "fake" kiss (because of Cameron's intentions). House and Stacy's kiss was a genuine kiss, but it had undertones of deceit and perhaps some desperation from both characters.
The first Chase and Cameron kiss was the result of Cameron taking drugs and then the subsequent relationship began as a "sex-buddy" arrangement and then progressed into a romantic relationship.

Now, Foreman and Thirteen, to me, are the first couple on the show to cultivate their relationship organically. So, they started off as colleagues, became close colleagues, became friends and are now (hopefully!) romantically involved. There doesn't seem to be any awkwardness between them, no need for acceptance, no pathology. Their relationship has grown and grown as they have become closer and learned from eachother, and they have found a connection that I personally hope lasts at least a while longer (but you never really know what the House writers are gonna do!). All up, I think these two characters have discovered that they just, plain and simple, like each other.
So, I think that is about all I have to say. The contest finishes today right? 12 december?

To summarise, for me Foreman and Thirteen are my favourite ship because I think they have a lot of deep emotional connections to bond over. I think they make great friends and will now make a great couple. I think the important thing for me about this ship, and in fact all the ships that I ship, is that I just love the interactions between these two characters. They could be kissing or cursing, I don't care! I just like the way they talk with each other. Obviously, I am pro-long-term-Forteen-relationship, but if, in the next episode, they decide not to go any further with their relationship, I will ok with that. As long as they continue to interact with each other, I am a happy Foreteen fan.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu house_whatelse said…
So I've read your side all that is left to read is the Huddy comments, this is going to take me a while don't expect results at a super speed.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu midnyte007 said…
lol, h_w. Good luck reading all the Huddy comments.