fanpop's got talent FGT 2011 Promotion!

Eline_K posted on May 24, 2011 at 06:45PM
Hi everyone!

To make FGT 2011 awesome, we need lots of people to compete and to vote. In order to get their attention, I’d like to get your help! The easiest way for you to help is to tell all your Fanpop-friends about this awesome competition, so I encourage everyone to do so!

Because nobody likes spamming, we will have to find a more subtle way to get everyone’s attention. The solution to that is simple:

User icons!

I have created a few FGT 2011 user icons. The idea is that as many people as possible use one of these icons as their user icon. That way all other Fanpoppers will see it, and come check out FGT! Off course, you could make one of you own too.

You can find all the user icons I created in the icon image section!

If you have other ideas on how to help, please comment below!
 Hi everyone! To make FGT 2011 awesome, we need lots of people to compete and to vote. In order to ge

fanpop's got talent 20 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Paramore-CSI said…
your Icons are Beautiful i will totes prmote.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
More ideas:

* make images promoting FGT and post them to this club one at a time with some amount of time in between, rather than a bulk upload. This will refresh the "Recent images" section on the top page each time an image is posted, rather than once with a bulk upload. That way people visiting the top page (like when they first log in) are more likely to see a promotional image and link to the FGT club.

* Check clubs dedicated to topics that have been used as entries in the past (writing, dancing, singing, drawing, acting, et cetera) and post a link to the FGT 2011 guide there. Also browse the forum to find the thread in each of those clubs dedicated to FGT (they all should have them by now) and post a new comment in those threads with information about this year's FGT.

* Do the same thing for clubs with a lot of fans you are a fan of where users regularly display talent of one sort or another (witty comments, photoshopped images, et cetera), even if the topic of the club is not obviously related to a talent. Chances are, there is already a forum thread in those, too...and the majority of clubs with a LOT of fans are dedicated to celebrity performers, be they actors or musicians. So you can encourage such fans to perform hommages to their idol(s).

* Create custom icons/images/videos inviting fans of particular talents to participate. You can do it humorously, straight, completely serious, as encouraging or as advertising. See link for a video example from a previous year (you get to decide whether it's humorous or not). I think there's plenty of room for more promotional targeted images, myself, even though I enjoyed making that video.

(edited to clarify the first idea a bit)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Eline_K said…
smile
Great idea's!

I've been working on more promotional material (in the form of images, I suck at making videos), but I've decided not to post that until the submission period started. Same goes for the promotion in other spots.

I don't want people to find FGT, but not be able to participate right away. Then they might forget about it and not enter after all. So starting Wednesday, you'll be seeing FGT promoted everywhere on Fanpop.

To keep things organized, I think it's probably best if the promotion in the spots that are obviously about talents is done by me (since I'm pretty much coordinating this thing). I don't want those spots spammed with FGT, because the last thing we want is people to get annoyed with us! ;-)

Also, I'm hoping the F4 will be nice enough to help with the promotion. They could put us in the pop-culture section on the front page (as Harold kindly suggested to me) and tweet/facebook about us.
I can tumblr about it all my folowers are extremly talented fanpoppers who are barely on fanpop anymore if that would help.
smile
^Great! I think that would certainly help! Maybe it's best if you wait till Wednesday with that too. By then further info on the Haiku contest and Six word story contest will be up too!
okay I will!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu shieldmaiden said…
I'll be changing my user icon! Do you want a video? B/C I could possibly make a few short ones pretty quickly :)
smile
That would be great! Do you need my promotional images for that, or will you whip something up yourself?
big smile
Yay! The F4 are helping us! After messaging papa he send me this:

"Hi Eline,

Yeah I can try to help promote it. I've posted an FGT item to the frontpage to let people know about it. I can try to run some promotional text ads later too if that's needed.

If you can send me weekly reminders I can try to post things regularly throughout June (like once a week reminders or something).

And thanks for organizing! I'm sure you'll do a great job.

-Dave
"
lebih dari setahun yang lalu caramelmilk said…
big smile
^Woot woot! :D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
Great! Let's make this the biggest FGT yet!
I notified the random role playing club and they are participating this year and making one of their forums into a story:D
lebih dari setahun yang lalu caramelmilk said…
big smile
Put it as your signature ;)

_________________________________________­___­___­___­__
link
big smile
Nice!! That's a great idea!

_________________________________________­­__­_­_­__­­___­­__­
link
you can have a signature?
Fanpop doesn't have a signature option, so the only way you can have one is if you copy it beneath your comments yourself.

_________________________________________­­__­_­_­__­­___­­__­
link
oh I get it
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Nakko said…
smile
Good idea
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Sandfire_Paiger said…
I'll help!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PftFan99 said…
Everyone should also have their status telling about Fanpop's Got Talent 2011. That could get the word out to several people on your fanlist