Edward and Elinor Which is your favourite version and why?

Jawas4eva posted on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:52PM
Which is your favourite version and why?

Edward and Elinor 3 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu 4196 said…
big smile
It's more faithful to the book,
It's sweeter,
and...DAN STEVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Jawas4eva said…
:D Genius, 4195
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Echoes said…
I do not particularly want to overly pontificate on this subject...however, I do feel that there are certain areas of this subject which I need to comment on.

1. Story: I greatly appreciate the fact that Sandy Welch kept as faithful to the book as possible, and while many people have been up in arms about the now infamous first scene, I personally have no problem with it. I shows nothing too explicit, and is a fair portrayal of what happened between Willoughby and Eliza.

2. Character Portrayal: All were better in the 2008 miniseries, excepting of course Kate Winslet and Greg Wise's phenomanal performances of Marianne and Willoughby, as well as that of the Palmers and Middletons. However, Charity Wakefield gave a terrific representation, and you can see the pure evil on Dominic's Willoughby right from the start, which is what this adaptation was meant to portray.
My favourite secondary characters are Margaret and Mrs. Dashwood.
Hattie Morahan and Dan Stevens are the ultimate Elinor and Edward in my opinion. They have an instant attraction which is very evident and beautiful, and I love both Edward's relationship with the other Dashwood women and his sister as well as Elinor's with her family. The way they handled the whole Edward-Lucy-Elinor triangle was clever and engaging. Hattie portrays Elinor's impassive control and deep emotions with aplomb and grace, while Dan perfectly conveys the angst and tragedy which befalls a man of honour trapped by circumstances beyond his power.
I also greatly appreciate that they included the characters of Mrs. Middleton and Anne Steele, who was HILERIOUS, with all her talk of 'beaux'.

3. Scenary, music and buildings: GEORGIOUS settings and impressive buildings, but not as warm or inviting as in the movie, excepting Barton Cottage. The music score in the movie as also been critically-acclaimed and renowed, and even though the miniseries does a good job which suits the overall tone, you can't go past the movie for great songs.

4. Wardrobe: I love how the dresses and men's clothing reflects both their characteristics and evolving personalities :)
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu