doctor who 'The selanjutnya Doctor' discussion :) **Spoilers**

xoxJoJoRulesxox posted on Dec 28, 2008 at 07:03PM
I've read a few reviews that have been pretty negative! I would love to get Fanpoppers view on this years christmas special :)

What I liked
The mention of the companions
The little mention & showing of all 10 doctors
David Morrisey :)
Everybody cheering the doctor :)
Saving london in a hot air balloon :)

What i didn't like
The plot was strange but RTD worked his usual magic to make it bareable :)
The massive cyber robot thing (that was weird EVEN for Sci-fi)

What are your views??

doctor who 3 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ArabellaElfie said…
Personally, I wasn't pleased. I thought the precreidts bit was excellent and I was thrilled with the cheering. Also made happy with the line about the companions breaking his heart but overall I was disappointed. The Massive Cyberman robot was a bit too much and then we have the Cybercats sort of things that were just too much for me. Also, this could be me forgetting something - but what was the deal with the visible brain on the sort of head Cyberhenchman. Add to this the fact that it took the children just a few moments of labor to set everything up - something the cybermen could have done faster without having to go through the hassel - it just felt like a somewhat forced plot devised to slowly move us away from DT's doctor and try out new versions.

It wasn't bad - love DT - but it didn't live up to the past Christmas Specials.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu xoxJoJoRulesxox said…
I Agree! I mean i just didn't get the whole robot thing is was like OK then!
Mmmm I think it was the weakest christmas special but i still think RTD worked his magic to make it special! :)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu ArabellaElfie said…
I think if RTD hadn't come in and added what I think made the episode good, the small moments, not the big ones (cheering for the Doctor was by far my favorite moments followed by 'They break my heart'), it would have fallen completely flat. I truly hope we are going to maintain the same level of emotional attachment that we've had. Less giant Cybermen and explostions, more small smiles and emtotional involvment.

I'm not going to be settled until we find out who is the next Doctor (So I may watch all of his/her work and then complain that they aren't David) and come up with a companion who I relate to and love. We need a companion of Rose or Donna level and I think we need to introduce him/her soon so when the Doctor regenerates we have that emotional thread line to follow into the new series. We had Rose for the last regeneration, and that helped me, I just hope we have that again.