doctor who Shadow Proclamation

torchwood posted on Jun 29, 2008 at 01:59PM
when they asked the doctor to lead the force into battle did anyone think he should of or do you belive that he was rigth in running away, is the doctor scarred of war or leadership or none?
last edited on Jun 29, 2008 at 04:13PM

doctor who 11 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu torchwood said…
i think that he should of lead the forces of the shadow proclamation because other wise a lot of peaple are going to die but on the other hand would that mean rose and the rest of them migth die
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Rock_Smurf_77 said…
NO i dnt think he shuld have led them to war because that is not the doctors way. He believes in not using violence unless necessary
but this time it was necessary, many more will die trying to figth with out him but i agree that it is not the doctors way
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JenXer said…
The last war he took part in ended with him killing all his people and destroying his home world. I don't think he's ever going to war again.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Stopwatch_fan said…
Really. Why would the Doctor go into something like that volutarly? He escapted the Time War alone, and he is,as far as we know, the only Time Lord left. You shouldn't blame him for not wanting to lead another battle in which he could most definatly lose.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Gabitha said…
yeah i agree with Stopwatch_fan.
i know what your trying to say, and i know that war is not in the doctors nature but still he went into the time war to stop the deleks from killing everything, and now there back stonger than ever
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JenXer said…
He didn't know it was the Daleks when the Shadow Proclamation asked him to lead them into battle.

And he's a rebel. he rebels form leadership and authority. They made him President of Gallifrey and he ran away. As he said, when he spoke of looking in the untempered schism at the end of last season, he ran away and he never stopped. It's what he does.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu phix said…
The shadow proclamation would summon troops from somewhere and head straight into war without stopping to ask questions and a whole lot of people would probably die in the process. He doesn't want a bloodbath. I like JenXer's explanation of him though. I would have been completely outraged had he agreed to do that. Was anyone else dissappointed by the shadow proclamation? I was expecting something like the Christmas Invasion, a massive structure somewhere full of aliens laughing at being addressed by someone so seemingly small and not caring. It looked good from space but it basically turned out to be one woman and a few Judoon.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
Note for posterity: this discussion is around the new series season 4 episode 12.

I was disappointed that it was a place, rather than a set of laws. I know, I know, the story required that the Doctor go somewhere to not be accessible to any of the spin-off characters and so that he could get some clues about what was happening, but I still don't like that it's the Shadow Proclamation that was used. But all the previous references made it seem like the Shadow Proclamation was a part of Galactic Law, rather than a police station.
i thought that as well because the way that it was used in the christmas invasion it sounded like a powerful law thst all comformed to