putri disney Unpopular disney opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

putri disney 810 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 810

lebih dari setahun yang lalu Bianca4556 said…
Snow White is manipulative and smart . I mean seriously during whistle while you work she basally forced the forest animals to clean the cottage and all she did was sweep the floor.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
*clappppp clappppp* lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Silverrose1991 commented…
Definitely! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
cruella commented…
True. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu misscindyspice said…
I find Merida to be absolutely gorgeous, and she might even be my prettiest DP. Also, Anna is my favorite while Elsa is almost my least favorite. Not that unpopular, but unpopular enough that I can put it here. *hides behind Elinor and Marshmallow*
MalloMar commented…
Merida is stunning! I have no idea where Anna and Elsa are on my list. They're probably tied with 8 others. XD lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
I completely disagree but it's your opinion and I respect it. :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
I cinta that Anna is getting lebih love. I'm a bit sick of everyone's obsession with Elsa tbh, at least because none of the really care about atau understand either girl's personality. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu BelleRose829 said…
Jasmine is my last on my prettiest DP list.
coolsinger198 commented…
exxccccuuuuseee you?!!!! lol im sorry, but she is soo gorgeous!!! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
viktoriya773 commented…
I think she so pretty lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
I disagree, she's detik in my daftar and I find her gorgeous but I respect your opinion. :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu cruella said…
I think Snow White's Prince and Charming are very handsome. In fact they may be my top 2 most handsome princes.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I find the Prince feminine and Prince Charming handsome, but he's kind of bland. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
cruella commented…
Yeah, a lot of people feel that. I don't know why I find them handsome. I just do. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
Charming is 2nd on my handsome list, prince is cute, but still attractive I just don't consider him hot. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Tygers_Eye said…
Frozen gets praised A LOT for taking risks, making changes, and being divisive. To be honest, I don't think it does. I think it's a very SAFE movie, made of only what is popular and proven successful. CGI is in right now? Make it CGI. Tangled is popular? Take all the designs and character archetypes from Tangled and move them to Frozen (Rapunzel -> Anna, Flynn -> Kristoff, Maximus -> Hans' horse and Sven, Corona -> Arendelle, etc.) People like the recent focus on familial female relationships, like Rapunzel/Gothel and Merida/Elinor? We'll zoom in on Anna/Elsa. Brave was successful despite the princess not finding romance? We'll let one of the heroines not find romance. (In fact, it's the best of both worlds. One princess falls in love while the other doesn't, so both romance lovers and "princesses don't need romantic love to be complete" advocates can be happy.) Kids love goofy sidekicks? Give 'em a singing snowman! (And a doofy reindeer.)

Honestly, I think the movie's biggest "risk" was Olaf, who looked like he was going to be the most hated character in the movie, but who thankfully was likable enough that crowds of people didn't gather their torches to melt a snowman.

While the movie does subvert some established Disney tropes like "love at first sight" turning out to be a sham and the "act of true love" that saves the day turning out to be sisterly love... I still think these "clever twists" are not huge risks. They made them because they knew people would most certainly respond well to them, as they have toward recent movies. Everyone's been complaining about "love at first sight" since The Little Mermaid and requesting more attention to non-romantic love at least since Tangled.

It's just a safe movie. It doesn't do anything that might upset audiences enough to sacrifice ticket sales. (Like, say, The Princess and the Frog. First hand-drawn film in years, first African American princess, first death of a goofy animal sidekick, etc.) I just don't think it deserves to be praised as a "risk-taker" or a "divisive" movie.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Diazdiaz95 commented…
I agree, while i like it i don't see why some people praise it for taking risks. This movie is pretty safe. The Princess and the Frog might just be the biggest risk taker of any DP film and HoND might be the biggest of disney films but Frozen always streads familiar waters imo. It's good but not a huge risk.. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I agreed completely it barely takes any risks, it used what has been proven for 2 years to be appealing to children with vague concepts. The characters can be found almost anywhere in media now, the "bubbly girl that's super clumsy and awkward so she totes relatable" and the "grumpy, logical, quirky guy that falls for the bubbly girl." The hole opposites attract thing. The fearful/confusion complex that almost every character through out history has had. I find it full of plot holes also. HoND is the real risk taker. Frozen is not the first movie to tampil sisterly love, it not the first to tampil "girl power" and the "not marry the first man anda met." Idea, but no one pays attention and claims Frozen is a pioneer it's really the safest movie ever made to ensure disney a good piece of money. Really, I didn't know people were just that mindless. It's so aman, brankas it's practically Dora the explorer. Definitely agree. :3 lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Sparklefairy375 commented…
I can see your point. But it's not completely a aman, brankas movie at all. Yes they reuse same characters formula; like a cheerful and optimist heroine, not so charming guy, etc. But in other side disney is dare enough to bring far different story, almost oppose the Snow queen (the folkstory which Frozen was stated to be based from). And like disnerdtobe said, they create a main character with a total different personality before (Elsa) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu snsdlover4ever said…
Is it wrong if I like Kristoff's singing voice more than Hans's? Granted, I like Hans more in terms of their character in the movie, (not exactly a big fan of Kristoff, but I still respect him) but after listening to the Reindeer Are Better Than People song, I loved how smooth it sounded. Not just liked, LOVED.

Most of my friends just laugh and brush it off whenever I ask like it's a joke, but I'm actually really curious.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Jonathan Groff is amazinggggg. <33 I think it's totally fine that anda like his voice lebih than Hans'. I think I might too :3 lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MalloMar commented…
I prefer Kristoff's voice, too. :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
snsdlover4ever commented…
Yay! Someone else who I can spaz with! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mhs1025 said…
Why does everyone keep talking about wanting a gay princess? To me, it just doesn't sound right. Personally, I don't think there should BE a gay princess. No offense to the people who want one, but that just wouldn't sit well with me.
LibelluleBleu commented…
Why? lebih dari setahun yang lalu
mhs1025 commented…
^ anda just spoke the truth. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
mhs1025 commented…
To those of anda who read this in the future-I apologize if I offended some of you. Please forgive my actions. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu AprilGhost said…
I really, really don't like Tangled. I felt like the characters were weak (I liked them, but they were weak characters), the songs aren't that good in my opinion (I only like three: Healing Incantation, Mother Knows Best reprise and I See the Light). And the plot felt weak. The entire thing with the thugs was cheesy and got boring after they reused the joke ten million times. And I hated Maximus, he was so bland.
viktoriya773 commented…
Disagree with everything anda said, but it's your opinion lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
I completely disagree, but it's your opinion. :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I only agree about songs and not so good jokes. Oh, and Maximus too. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Ever since Rapunzel made that cameo in Frozen, alot of fans have assumed/wondered if she and Anna and Elsa are cousins. They've even wanted a crossover story! I just don't get that. Just because one DP appears in another DP film doesn't mean they have to make speculations that they're related. IMO, I think the animators just did that on purpose. (NOTE: I'm sorry if I offended some of you.)
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I think that people just like to make headcanons. Of course, none of it is definite unless the company says so. (: lebih dari setahun yang lalu
shanyuisboss commented…
I agree. Should we assume that Belle is related to Quasimodo? Though at the same time I agree with Annika. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
mhs1025 commented…
^ You're right about that. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu viktoriya773 said…
This is my opinion so... I know people like Snow White because she's nice, but for what other reason? I never found her an appealing character, nor do I understand why do people like her so much. Yes she's nice, but there are many other heroines/characters/princesses that are nice + strong + bold + smart and so may other things. A character being nice alone doesn't make her too appealing to me.
Well, for me, the reason why I cinta her is far from being simply "she's SO nice, OHMYGAUWD I cinta HER!". I admire her optimism and resilience so much! Through all her struggles - enslavement, two murder attempts and God knows what else - she kept a smile on her face and a merry tune in her heart. Snow White has an amazing philosophy of life: "When raindrops come tumbling/there's no use in grumbling/remember you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine". She really is strong, stronger than many "kickass" heroines, IMO. And her innocence makes her so charming! She's adorable! Plus, she has a LOT of spunk. I understand she is not everyone's cup of tea, aince she's quite old-fashioned. But she simply wins my jantung every time she appears in the screen. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
viktoriya773 commented…
anda got a point there. However, a heroines doesn't need to kickass to be great. I'm not talking about just kickass ones. I like Belle, for example, a lot better. She's not kickass, but she's very accepting, kind and smart and so many other things. I don't like when people say "snow is so nice and that is why I like so much." She isn't my cup on tea. Yes she is determined and all the things anda mentioned but I think I like lebih complex characters that offer more. Let's take an example of someone outside of Disney, Chihiro from Spirited Away. I think she's amazing because of the many great characteristics that she embodies. She's very determined, selfless, hardworking and she goes through so much character development. Chihiro is not kickass, but she's an amazing heroin and I think she's superior to Snow in many ways. Maybe I will like her some day, but not right now. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
casserola commented…
Snow may seem sweet and innocent on the outside but she's actually an evil dictator.She's nice but she can also be bossy and manipulative when anda squint at her.Don't be fooled oleh her sweetnes;if anda step a toe out of line her colours will show. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I find Pocahontas and Aurora to be almost clones of one another, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that sees it. I think that Merida's dress is my favorite out of all the DP dresses.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
Wait, do anda mean clones in personality atau appearance? Because if it's personality i might be able to see it alittle but if it's appearance , i don't see it at all. I really like Merida's dress, the green one right? It's not my favorit but i do like the style, color, and how it looks on her. It's nice =) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
In personality. And yeah the green one it's my favorite. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
^Agreed, on Cindy and Snow too. cinderella is much quieter, lebih mature, and has lebih wisdom. Snow is lebih outspoken and dominating and childish. Pocahontas is lebih outspoken and adventurous than Aurora too, who is lebih romantic and less assertive. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu dimitri_ said…
Nowadays, I feel like the only person who doesn't see Tiana as gorgeous, I think she ranks 11th on my prettiest list. I would have preferred if they had kept her original everything. In her concept art, her hair looked so beautiful, more so than Merida's IMO. I also wish Rapunzel and Belle had curly hair. Idk why most of the Princesses have straight hair when some obviously look better with curly. Anyway, Tiana looks so uniquely gorgeous with strong features in her concept art, I really wish they had kept her that way.
 Nowadays, I feel like the only person who doesn't see Tiana as gorgeous, I think she ranks 11th on my
324anna commented…
Me too, Tiana is high on my list, but I still don't find her drop dead gorgeous, she's kinda overrated on fanpop imo. In her concept art she looks amazing! I wish they had made her lips and her hair like that. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Diazdiaz95 commented…
I think Tiana is beautiful but i think I'd like if they had stuck with the concept art more. I cinta how her hair looks in this picture, I'd probably cinta her even lebih and she would look lebih unique too. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Same, I don't find her to be gorgeous at all. I think she looks plain, although her eyes looks so shiny. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu CRaZy_rawR said…
I think Elsa is boring. Besides "Let it Go" and the ending scene, she just bores me. /:
misscindyspice commented…
Preeaccchhh ittt!! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Tygers_Eye commented…
Agreed completely. People say she's so "complex," but I think she's very simple. She loves her sister and fears her powers. That's it. That's all I know about her. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
I feel that way too now. I've heard one person say her trying to kill the guards is what makes her "complex" but I see that as sloppy menulis and was very OOC for someone who locked herself away for 13 years to avoid doing JUST THAT. She's very simple. and that's fine. Hiding your superpowers does not make anda "complex". lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Diazdiaz95 said…
I've never liked Aurora's pink/blue dress or Ariel's pink dress. They just look dated and are just kind of plain in my opinion, especially Ariel's. It looks like a generic princess dress and has ugly eighties sleeves and Aurora's just looks kind of weird, I much prefer her peasant dress. I also prefer Mulan's matchmaker dress to the one she was usually marketed in.
Tygers_Eye commented…
Dated? Well, they were drawn no less than 24 years ago. "Generic princess dress"? Well, they were made back when there were only 2-3 princesses and there were no princess dresses like that before. We have lebih variety now, but back then those were the "foundation" for which the disney Princess (dress) archetype has been built on. Ariel's sleeves? anda know poofy "eighties" (or "mutton-leg") sleeves have been in style off and on since the 1500's, right? Mulan's matchmaker dress over the one she "was usually marketed in"? She's not marketed in it a lot NOW, but after the movie first came when I was a little kid, the majority of her marketing WAS in her matchmaker dress. They probably eased up due to the backlash. But it's your view, so, okay. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I agree with Aurora's dress, but Ariel's dress is my jam! The mentega on my bread, the wind beneath my wings, the kacang mentega to my jelly, the scales to my mermaid tale. I like it a lot basically. I agree with Mulan, but I think she is usually marketed in her matchmaker dress idk. Good show! :3 lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
Ariel's dress was that way on purpose. they took traits from each sebelumnya princesses' dress and made hers with them. I don't really get how Aurora's is dated though atau what anda mean oleh that. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu casserola said…
I prefer CGI animation to hand-drawn animation
324anna commented…
Well, I disagree, but it's your opinion. :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Diazdiaz95 commented…
I like both but i prefer hand drawn animation. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
Is it certain that there won't be any others hand-drawn disney films? Oh god why? lebih dari setahun yang lalu
This club has really changed my views on the DPs. Sometimes, it seems like it's for the better, but at other times, it feels unnecessary. Like with Elsa. I understand most people see her as just a plot device. I even think that about her. But, I still have her higher than Anna on my list, due to me sort of disliking Anna's character. (Yes, I get it. She's outspoken, witty, and Kristen Bell did a great job voicing her, but I personally find her reckless and too naive most of the time.) I also hate it when people just outright bash at a certain character in general. I mean, yes, she may not be as complex of a character as everyone had said she was, her overratedness is mainly due to her one full solo song, and again, she was merely a plot device, but it all fairness, none of these characters are flawless, as much we'd like to believe it.
324anna commented…
Well, I agree, I cinta Elsa way lebih than Anna. Actually, Aurora's fan keep saying "But she has personality!" (so do I), but well, if Aurora has personality, then Elsa has as well. I find her a very charming character and she's still in my puncak, atas 5. And yeah, I don't like it when someone makes me dislike one princess that I used to love. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
The thing I dislike most about Anna is that she's SO clumsy and awkward, that it gets annoying. I can relate to a clumsy character like mulan (at the beginning at least), but Anna seems to drop things and fall all the time. And I believe she is the only really stupid princess. I hope her fan don't feel offended about this, it's just an opinion and nonetheless, I still cinta her, like I cinta all the DPs. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
snsdlover4ever commented…
^Yeah, "naive" was my nice way of saying that I think she's clueless. I still like her though, since her awkwardness is kind of endearing to me. Plus, awkwardness is my specialty! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I actually completely agree. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Oh, and can I make another confession:

I'm tired of seeing JELSA (Jack Frost x Elsa) everywhere. I don't even know when that started and frankly, I really wish it would stop.
BelleRose829 commented…
:' ( my little Jelsa jantung just died, but I ship Jack Frost with most people (including myself), so this doesn't bother me. I really like the ship though. They are just so perfect for one another IT HURTS! :3 lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
^Oh then I'm sorry, I thought anda were referring to me. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Totally! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I think Ariel has the worst hair color out of all the DPs, I love her, but she burns my yes out sometimes. Also I think that Jasmine isn't really sticking up for herself as she is spoiled, she has been so pampered all her life, but she still wants more. I tend to think people praise Jasmine for a quality most princesses have except Jasmine is just a tad more rude. I love Jasmine still though.
324anna commented…
I actually believe the judul of the worst hair color belongs to Anna and I like Ariel's hair color, but I can definitely see why anda dislike it. Well, about Jasmine, I'm not pretty sure if you're wrong atau right, I want to watch the movie again before I decide. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Tygers_Eye commented…
Agreed about Ariel. I HATE fire-engine red. Ugh! I disagree about melati though. She doesn't want to be pampered, and she doesn't want "more," she just doesn't want marriage pushed on her. She has a life she doesn't want because she just happened to be born into it, and is not free to say "no." lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Kind of agree. Her hair color is too unrealistic and reminds me much with tomat ketchup (lol!). If her hair has darker color atau different shade of red (reddish), I would like her hair better. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu fanlovver said…
I strongly dislike Flounder and Pascal. They are both annoying
324anna commented…
Well, Pascal is pretty useless in the movie, but at least he doesn't speak. I'm neutral about Flounder, but I think he's cute. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Diazdiaz95 commented…
I cinta Pascal but I'm only neutral towards Flounder. He's ok but not very interesting. Strangely enough, two of my least favorit sidekicks are from those movies, Maximus and Scuttle :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
mhs1025 commented…
I hate Pascal, but I like Flounder. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
How many of y'all think there should be a live-action princess? I know there's Giselle, but she's unofficial. AND, partially traditionally animated. What I'm trying to say is, how would y'all feel if we got an official live-action princess? I think it'd be awesome!
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I wouldn't like it. She would stick out. Not only that, they would have extra fees and rongsokan, sampah for the actress to be in the lineup. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
mhs1025 commented…
^ I'm sure they'd make the princess be traditionally animated on merchandise. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
coolsinger198 commented…
Heck to the no! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu AudreyFreak said…
I think the old love-at-first-sight couples (including Ariel here) have far more chemistry in their shorter time together than any of the modern couples do. Also, how does Disney expect us to think true love is moronic and never happens yet the 'opposites attract' couples that have little to nothing in common each other are somehow more realistic?
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I think Snow and Prince definitely have lebih chemistry than Kristanna. I prefer Tiana and Naveen and Flynn and Rapunzel's relationship lebih to the other classic. I guess it's just preference. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I do like Flynn and Rapunzel, but other than that I much prefer the other couples like Belle and beast, Ariel and Eric, and Aurora and Phillip. Naveen and Tiana's is sort of nice to, but ehhhhhh. I agree I think Snow and princey had lebih chemistry than the couples that have been made Pocahontas - Frozen. SnowWhite - aladdin were the best couples I think at least. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Tygers_Eye commented…
I actually have to agree. The whole "love at first sight is a crock but we'll have these two fall in cinta within two days because that's SO much lebih realistic" and "Two people who like each other and get along is SO not realistic and sets false standards for kids, so we'll have these two that have nothing in common, fight, and possibly hate each other magically stop arguing and realize they cinta each other to give kids a good message." Because most couples that fight all the time magically find something in common and learn to stop bickering one day, right?? lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I HAVE to get this out. Ever since we heard Anna and Elsa might be joining the line-up, I feel like Merida isn't getting alot of the love she used to have. About every time I come on here, all I see are image spams of Anna and Elsa. I really miss the the image spams of Merida! I know some of y'all are excited about Anna and Elsa possibly joining the line-up, but I miss the love Merida used to get. How many of y'all agree with me?
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I see a lot of Merida cinta on here, but not really in the images, no. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
fanlovver commented…
Merida is getting a lot lebih of cinta than she used to, but I agree about the foto lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
Thank you. I wish she got lebih attention. I think people way over doing it with Frozen if I see lebih Anna/Elsa stuff I might explode. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
mhs1025 commented…
^ I'm just like you. If I see anymore Anna and Elsa image spams, I might explode as well. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu 324anna said…
Aurora's voice is my favorite singing DP voice. I love so much hearing it, it's so beautiful and melodic, I LOVE it. I really don't see how it doesn't fit her age.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Aurora being high on your daftar isn't that unpopular, but lots think it doesn't fit her. I cinta it a lot, and wish I could put it higher. :3 lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Diazdiaz95 commented…
Well I think it does sound a little lebih mature for her age but I also think that she looks older than 16 so I guess it fits. I cinta her voice too, it's gorgeous. I've seen some video of Mary Costa performing different arias and she's just as good if not better in those :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
My best friend says she sings like an old lady and I was just ( ・_・) an Aurora fan I know berkata she precisely likes that Aurora's voice is actually very youthful. I think it's old and too well trained for the average teen but it makes sense diberikan that it's supernatural anda know. and I do think it sounds youthful, lebih than her speaking voice even. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu fanlovver said…
I find Mulan less brave than Belle
324anna commented…
I see your point. I think that while mulan did lebih important things, she was lebih afraid than Merida. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just saying, that Merida may be saved many times in her movie, but this is not her fault, but the director's. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I disagree, but I definitely think Belle is very brave. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I disagree, but probably anda berkata that because Belle is shown to be brave since the first beginning of her movie while mulan find her courage later when she joins the war. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
In think Elsa is very homely and maybe even a bit ugly. I think Anna (though I dislike her) STUNNING and far prettier than Elsa. In fact Anna, Merida and Jane Porter are some of the most beautiful Disney females ever.
324anna commented…
I completely disagree. I find Elsa very beautiful and Anna beautiful but boring. I find Merida pretty, but generally I'm not a fan of her looks and even though I believe Jane Porter is very beautiful, I don't like her nose, her very thin lips and I'm not a big fan of her hair. But it's your opinion. :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MalloMar commented…
I feel that Jane looks a lot like Anna! All of the above a gorgeous. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
^They have a few differences, but I still can't forgive the animators for giving them almost the same faces. And I see your point about Rapunzel and Anna, but I find Rapunzel way lebih beautiful than Anna and generally very different than her. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DaniMF said…
I think that Merida's beauty is highly overrated (she's my least pretty) and that Jasmine is as brave as Merida or Mulan.
Well, Merida isn't THAT populer in the beauty department. I think melati is very brave, but not as brave as mulan atau Merida. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
mhs1025 commented…
IMO, Merida has the perfect amount of beauty, and I agree Silverrose1991 about melati not being as brave as her and Mulan. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
misscindyspice commented…
Well, Merida is my prettiest DP, so I basically agree with what BelleRose said. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I think Jasmine's looks are way overrated. To me her nose is badly drawn, her mouth is too small, and her eyes are too big for her face. Also I don't like her hair style. She's my least pretty DP.
DaniMF commented…
I can't help with that, I find her truly gorgeous. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MalloMar commented…
I agree wiht both CRaZy_rawR and AudreyFreak. I cinta her nose, and her appearance in general, but she can look exaggerated. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I agree about Jasmine's nose but not others. She's my detik prettiest DP. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I find Aurora to be my least prettiest in terms of looks.
It's not that I don't find her pretty, I just find her very plain.
And I don't find her chin or her bangs that appealing to me.
The only time I ever find her pretty is if she's at a certain angle.
BelleRose829 commented…
Agreed. She not my least pretty DP, but awfully close. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
shanyuisboss commented…
Same here, I think she is plainly pretty. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I find her beautiful, but she is plain. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
You're entitled to think that, but I still don't get why people say that, especially since most of them then mention traits of hers they dislike that AREN'T plain: pointed chin, weird bangs, etc. those make her unique. a plain person would have no standout features like that. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu 324anna said…
I find Mulan's looks are a little bit overrated. She has a lovely natural beauty, but other than that I find her very plain and I'm not a big fan of her eyes, her nose or her lips. I do believe she's very beautiful, but I don't understand all the fuss about her looks.
mhs1025 commented…
Personally, I disagree. I think her looks are rather underrated at times. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
fanlovver commented…
agree with mhs1025 lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I don't find how mulan is really pretty. She's natural but just that. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
as a skinny girl I find it horrendously offensive to call the DPs "too skinny" and anorexic. for one thing, anorexia is a MENTAL DISORDER, not a dress size, so you can't just tell by looking at someone, and that's pretty mean to say to someone anyway. I think they all look fine, even though Jasmine and Ariel admittedly are cartoonish, but it works in their movies. I'm tired of all the skinny-shaming and I think all the girls look healthy and just fine.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Same. I am constantly called anorexic, and tons of people think it's okay. If we shouldn't call people fat, why is it okay to call someone anorexic? I think melati and Ariel look just fine, and you're right, it suits their movies. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I don't see people shaming the skinny princesses. It's one thing to be skinny it's another to be unrealistically skinny Example: Aurora, melati and Ariel are to skinny to fit some of their vital organs, in real life someone would die trying to achieve their level of skinny, proven oleh cracked.com in 2012. So I think it's ok to say melati is so skinny, but the same time people call her sexy, so that's also ok to praise her as well just not to much. If I saw disney make a princess over 250 pounds I'd probably say that they are to fat. The truth of the matter is every body size is beautiful, but if the body size may kill you, I dare say the look of death is not a beautiful thing. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I agree with anda completely though. Just so anda know. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I think that Jasmine's character is a bit overdone and typical, I still love Jasmine it's just her main personality and drive in her movie is very predictable.
AudreyFreak commented…
maybe, but at the time in the early 90s it was probably the new, hip thing to have a rebellious princess like that. feminism was lebih in the norm then so female characters were all starting to become like that. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu OnceABlueMoon said…
I think Hans could have been the most interesting prince we have ever seen from Disney even more intriguing than the beast. Who could have even attempted to kill Elsa in a misguided attempt to save Anna. But instead he is stereotypically turned into a villain and Anna never even has to make a choice.
324anna commented…
I totally agree. It's like disney is trying to tell us, anda should always pick the nice, good-looking guy (ok Kristoff is good-looking and nice too, but in a different less striking way) UNLESS he's the villain. Why couldn't he just be a nice guy whom Anna thought that she loved, but then she realized they were not meant to be and chose Kristoff. It makes it look as if he's her detik option, maybe if Hans hadn't reveal his true personality, Anna would stay with him. And I agree with the intriguing part. Instead of making him interesting, they just made him look so likable and then suddenly BOOM he's evil without any explanation. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
But now that I'm thinking about it, that's not an unpopular opinion. :P lebih dari setahun yang lalu
wanderingchild7 commented…
I loved him so much before the stupid plot twist. He was the only reason why I kept watching the film... lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I wish they marketed Rapunzel with her short hair more. I have no problem with them marketing her with her long hair, but at the same time, I've gotten pretty tired of it. If they marketed her with her short hair more, that wouldn't make Snow White stand out too much. Besides, I just wish Disney would be different every once in a while.
fanlovver commented…
I agree lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MalloMar commented…
I agree. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I agree enough, but Rpaunzel is famous for long golden hair, plus the short hair might be a spoiler for people, I prefer her short hair though. So in a way I do agree. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
^ Exactly. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Traditional animation beats computer animation in almost everything for me, although I think the CGI Princes are generally more handsome than the hand-drawn Princes. I think Flynn, Hans and Kristoff are really good looking.
MalloMar commented…
I disagree about CGI men being lebih attractive, but that's an interesting opinion. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
I agree, but I even prefer the men in 2D. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Men in 2D are way lebih handsome, meanwhile Flynn is the only CGI men that can be considered as handsome for me. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Idk if a lot of people can relate to this but Belle is arguably considered the prettiest DP name. Coming from a francophone like myself, it's kind of just a pretentious name lol. The exact translation is "beautiful" and not "beauty". Would you guys find the name "Beautiful" all that beautiful?
coolsinger198 commented…
I prefer Jasmine, Aurora, Elsa and Mulan's names. I do cinta her name though. It is in the puncak, atas 5. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
wanderingchild7 commented…
And yes. It's a little bit weird. I like my name though. And sometimes I was nicknamed Belle for all the similarities I have with her. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I cinta her name, but I prefer the name Aurora and melati lebih than her name. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
They need to make a princess whose already married during her film. It'd be pretty interesting to see a princess at the beginning of her film whose already married. And at the end of her film, she STAYS married.
324anna commented…
It's a very interesting opinion. I wouldn't like it, because I cinta it when I can see them falling in cinta in the film, but you're right, it'll be a good chance. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu mergirl13 said…
I think the Beast has the best voice, especially as the beast. His human voice is really nice too. I don't think people give it enough credit, just because he doesn't sing a full song like the other princes.
cruella commented…
I like his voice a lot too. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MalloMar commented…
It is a very nice voice. I always thought so. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Tangled is my least favorite DP movie. To me it's very unoriginal and has little to no character devolpment. Also the romance is very rushed, and I'm not fond of the character of Flynn. It's honestly one of the worst Disney movies IMO. No offense to anyone who likes it.
mhs1025 commented…
I agree. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Disagree completely, considering it's my favorite. (: lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Audrey - It never says that she became a good ruler at 18. I'm pretty sure they meant that when she became queen, she was wise and fair. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Is it normal to find the Princesses almost all equally beautiful? I think they are too gorgeous to rank if that makes any sense. That's why I don't really have a list, I just know that I think Elsa is flawless. Which seems to be becoming an unpopular opinion as of lately.
MalloMar commented…
Fot the most part, I agree! They have such different beauties, but it's there in every single one of them. Tiana has been my most beautiful for a long time, but I've noticed Pocahontas' beauty lebih and more. Same with Jasmine. Rapunzel's appearance has really gorwn on me, and I can't help[ but find beautiful screencaps of her. Merida, Snow White, Cinderella, Belle......Every one of the DPs are beautiful and hard to compare. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MalloMar commented…
Oh, gosh. I just ranted without realizing it. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
^ I agree. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
They say Merida's eyes are blue. Honestly, I think they're more turquoise than anything!
Turquoise is a shade of blue... lebih dari setahun yang lalu
CRaZy_rawR commented…
^^ lebih dari setahun yang lalu
It kind of annoys me that Disney keeps Eilonwy out of the franchise for the same reasons they excuse in Merida's case. I DO get why they keep Eilonwy out (almost nobody, let alone a little kid who was never brought up watching her movie, knows about TBC for one) but why make Merida the exception and none of the other Heroines? Eilonwy at least qualifies in that she has a love interest, has marketable looks (pastel dress and long blonde hair), and is a bonefide royal. for that matter, why keep Mulan and Poca in while never marketing them because they aren't popular with kids? I think it's a matter of time before those two and Merida get kicked out.
manu962 commented…
Eilonwy is a child, right? What would she do with a bunch of grown up princesses. Well, Snow isn't that grown up but... lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
watched is the key word. mulan was populer when it was new, not much anymore. Where do anda guys see little girls playing with mulan boneka atau wearing mulan shirts? Same for Poca. I don;t know any kids who care about them as much as the others because they're not in the franchise. so while they're perfectly good characters, they're not being marketed AT ALL so it makes no sense to officially keep them in, as for the cinta interest thing you'll have to take it up with Disney. I'm only pointing out they're own reasons ;) they seem to want as many DPs as possible to have one. though I agree, for the most part- we all cinta to see our favorit characters end up with someone and I think it's good to portray different kinds of healthy relationships. besides, nearly every well-known fairy tale has a couple in it so they'd be ignoring canon to leave out a prince just to have another single girl. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
brave is from pixar and well-known enough, while Black Cauldron is considered fail. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Most people think the "love at first sight" aspect of early princess romances serve as unrealistic examples to children that'll get their hopes up about love, while they praise the "bicker at first then fall in love over a few days" aspect of modern princesses as "more realistic," better relationship models, better prepare kids for what love will have in store for them, etc. I disagree.

The modern princesses often meet men they have little in common with, they pretty much can't stand each other, they bicker all the time, the "prince" doesn't respect her, etc. (Naveen/Tiana, Flynn/Rapunzel, Kristoff/Anna, etc.) Then something happens and the two easily find common ground, the man magically realizes he loves and wants to be a better person for the girl, he easily and effortlessly changes his jerkass ways for her (Naveen, Eugene, Kristoff), then they magically stop fighting and become a perfect couple for the rest of the movie, with little to no effort or compromise on either's part.

I've known SO MANY couples my whole life who fight all the time, who instead of getting therapy or have long hard conversations about their relationship, just keep hoping that they'll magically stop fighting, their partner will magically stop sniping at them, and their relationship will fix itself and become happy and loving again. I feel these Disney movies are the UR example of feeding that false hope; that they play out in ways that people HOPE their unhappy relationship will turn out, or how girls who develop crushes or enter relationships with jerkass guys HOPE they'll turn out with the Power of Love.

I feel like this sets an even WORSE example to little kids. At least with the older princess romances, the princes are kind, generous, and the couple enjoy being around each other. The modern ones seem to teach that if you meet a guy who constantly makes sarcastic digs at you and/or doesn't value the things you value (Robert to Giselle's fairy tale dreams, Naveen to Tiana's hard work, Flynn to Rapunzel's dream, etc), one day you'll both magically find common ground and he'll easily become the perfect boyfriend, and you'll live happily ever after.
fanlovver commented…
I agree. I really do not get how everyone says that Frozen is so fantastic for saying "you cant marry a man you've just met" But anda can marry one that you've known for a couple of days, and you've been fighting with two thirds of the time. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
If I could agree lebih I would, seriously this needs to be an article. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
RoseRapunzel commented…
I agree with everything that's been berkata here except this: ""Love" is not enough. "Love" doesn't fix relationship problems, personality and value incompatibility, etc. [...]" (Not adding all of it because it would get too long). You're right in that cinta understood as infatuation won't magically solve all problems in a relationship. But true love, which is what disney film are supposed to tampil and promote, the kind that's only possible through sacrifice from both partners in a relationship, THAT kind of cinta will solve everything if both of them work actively to improve their relationship. Of course, realistically true cinta needs time so I understand why in disney film it seems like it's only infatuation and not true cinta as it's supposed to be. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Also, I really don't like Flynn Rider. I know he's the most popular prince now, but I can't stand his initial personality and don't buy his easy-peasy character development. I've actually met guys who make sarcastic digs at me the way he does to Rapunzel, and it's NOT fun to be on the receiving end. Plus, unlike Disney movies, they don't magically realize they're being jerks or easily, instantly, effortlessly become better people afterwards.

His negative traits just hit way too close to home for me.
MalloMar commented…
Totally agree. He's just not my cup of tea. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I disagree lol. I definitely see where anda are coming from. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
cruella commented…
Sorry least *favorite* lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu MissAngelPaws said…
Elsa is very underrated on Fanpop. I wish people would stop hating her, then again I can't change their opinions. But I still think she deserves more love.
mhs1025 commented…
She gets all the cinta in the world outside Fanpop. That's why she's underrated here. Some people have grown tired of the Frozen craze, but a billion other people still cinta it. That's why the movie and its own franchise are so damn populer right now. Honestly, I hope this craze dies down soon. (No offense.) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
AudreyFreak commented…
I think people are lebih annoyed that a character they don't see the big deal over is so adored lebih than they just hate that they're overrated. that's how I've always been with Belle and Ariel even though I like them both lebih now. I also don't see anyone but maybe iwasneverhere come close to hating her (not to put her on the spot, just naming an example). I think with all the blind gushing outside of FP Elsa has earned some healthy criticism. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
^Agreed. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Y'all know how the DP's have their ages, right? Well, I think some of them are older than they are. I'll give y'all some examples:

I think Belle is...20 (My age).
I think Pocahontas is...22.
I think Mulan is...19.
I think Tiana is...21 (The same age as Elsa).

So, how many of y'all agree with me?
324anna commented…
I agree that they look older, but I can't exactly agree, since their true ages are confirmed, so these can't be true. But yeah, these ages make lebih sense imo. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MissAngelPaws commented…
I agree with you. Some princesses also look younger than they are. For example, Rapunzel. For me she looks like 16. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
324anna commented…
^ That's true, I cinta Punz but she doesn't look like 18, while Aurora looks older. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
The idea of more movies like Tangled and Frozen with no 2D animation sickens me to my core. (So dramatic I know) I don't really like Disney, actually. I like their characters though hate the company. *waits for disagreeing people*
Angelica_AW commented…
Actually, I think most people here would agree with anda on the 2D thing. Most want 2D back. Im pretty sure Im one of the few people here that like 3D and wants it to continue. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MalloMar commented…
I'm pretty sad about the hand-drawn animasi department shutdown. All of that artistic talent...only used for concept art. I have mixed feelings about the company. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
MissAngelPaws commented…
I think they should make film with 2D and 3D animation. anda know, like one movie could be 2D, another could be 3D. They shouldn't stop in either of them. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Digoenes said…
I don't think Frozen is as great a sister movie as some people make it out to be. I still liked it but the problems that arose between the 2 characters were never fully explored nor fully resolved. It was just "Love is the answer!" without questioning what love really is and how it saves Elsa. I think Lilo and Stitch is a much better Disney sister film.
324anna commented…
Actually here, in fanpop, this isn't an unpopular opinion. Almost everyone agrees with you. :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Digoenes commented…
Ah, I must be hanging out on the wrong message boards :) Thanks for the response! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
prinelsa commented…
THANK YOU! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
I support "Keeping Merida Brave" because NOT EVERY GIRL is interested in pretty pink sparkles, makeup, dresses, fashion, romance, and conventional feminine beauty. Some girls are interested in sports, fighting, riding, archery, action, and adventure. And they deserve to be reached out to and recognized as much as those that like sparkles. They deserve to have at least one heroine to represent them who is just as publicly revered and recognized as the girls who already have at least 10 highly touted and flaunted sparkly dress-wearing Disney Princesses. (The Jury's still out on Mulan and Pocahontas.)
324anna commented…
I agree. Personally, I don't like that about any of the princesses, but since we can't change them all, at least they should keep Merida, who is a tomboy, without sparkles e.t.c. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
prinelsa commented…
Not sure if I agree with this atau not...*cough*Idont*cough lebih dari setahun yang lalu
BelleRose829 commented…
Exactly! Especially when it's so out of her character to even dress like that in the first place. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu prinelsa said…
I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this,but I wish Frozen kept the original draft.It would've been so much better than what we got.
324anna commented…
Actually this isn't an unpopular opinion here. I completely agree with you. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu prinelsa said…
I ship......................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­..E­lsa­nna­

*gets stabbed *

Sometimes I feel like a loner...
prinelsa commented…
Is it wrong?Yes.Do I care?No. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
CRaZy_rawR commented…
There are plenty of tumblr people with ya. As for me, I ship it in no way, shape atau form. lebih dari setahun yang lalu
Tygers_Eye commented…
*Watch Lilo and Nani from Lilo and Stitch. lebih dari setahun yang lalu