debat Content Rating?

Cinders posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 01:48AM
When I wrote up the link nine months ago, I predicted that content which represented a side that a person may not agree with might be rated poorly simply because one user disagrees, regardless of the actual quality of the content. And I was pleasantly impressed to see that regardless of how controversial content was, it was always rated appropriately (with few exceptions).

I'm just wondering-- how much is your rating influenced by your opinion on the subject matter content suggests?

Because I generally look for good content, whether it expresses a view I agree with or not. It's about the content, not the message.

Right?

And if you DO strongly disagree with the message, EFFING DEBATE IT!

That's what it's THERE for! To spark a discussion!

OK. That's all.

EDIT: Also, don't forget-- if you do have reason to rate content low, leave a comment detailing WHY you did that. Whether it's key words, credit, or quality of the link/image/video, LET FOLKS KNOW!
last edited on Jun 05, 2008 at 01:50AM

debat 7 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu kateliness2 said…
I try to be very fair in both rating and posting. Some of my "Calvin" images I don't agree with, but I thought them debatable, so I posted them.

And I don't think I've rated anything here lower than a 3, and that was for no credit given.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu adavila said…
If I disagree with the content I dont rate it with a five because I think thats how something must be rated :p
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cinders said…
I'm not talking rating it five, I'm talking about rating it one or two if you don't like the content, but the quality of the argument, key words and credit is still at least 3 or 4 star worthy.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu claire-aka-bob said…
i will rate 1-3 and comment it why i rated it that.
i do that because once someone added a screencap on the VRSOF spot and said that they had been trolled when someone had rated them 1 because of no key words and no description or image credit and didn't comment on the images they had rated 1, so on the whole started a big argument over the images that were good but had no extra infomaion
so thats why i always comment on low ratings. ♥
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
I rate on the quality of the content and/or comment on the applicability to an actual debate in the spot. I sometimes think that there should be a "Hot Topics" spot for a lot of the content that is posted here, as people seem prone to posting stuff without explaining what debate it is meant to address/extend or venturing to start their own debates. They are often clearly related to hot topics - abortion, gay marriage laws, faith in a post-modern age - but not to a specific debate on those topics. It's almost as if there's an attitude of "this is something contentious, I should post it in the debate spot!"
lebih dari setahun yang lalu adavila said…
SOMEONE SHOULD DO THE HOT TOPICS SPOT
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
Well, there's an link. That's not precisely what I described, but a lot of stuff here that isn't explicitly related to a debate does fit there.