Damon & Elena {RANTING THREAD} Ship ranting, off-topic ranting, whatever! Rant your hearts out.

SpuffyDelena posted on Mar 07, 2011 at 08:43AM
Sometimes you just need to let it out....

Just one rule: NO BASHING OF SHIPPERS. NONE. Do not use specific SNs or target posters.
last edited on Mar 07, 2011 at 08:59AM

Damon & Elena 3418 balasa

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1401-1450 of 3418

lebih dari setahun yang lalu TVD_rocks said…
laugh
^What makes me laugh is that they always use DE scenes for their manips, and never SE scenes! And why? Because they all know that DE are epic ( & also their scenes) and they'll never go there! And I'm still shocked that they really do like these manips! It seems like they've totally forgotten that these have never been (and never will be)their scenes! They act like this is kind of a BD build up for example the DE! kiss from 1x22. They honestly still think it would show DB future *_* Sure, sure...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu epicdelena4ever said…
ALL they have are manips and a few scenes that they can't do anything with. So OF COURSE they use our scene. WE are awesome and they wish bamon were as AWESOME as delena.

BTW - really pisses me off IT'S ONE ian interview and they go crazy cause he mentioned bonnie...have they even seen the interview...ian looks UNCOMFORTABLE talking about.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu HaleyDewit said…
^ He totally does! I've seen that interview and he really looks like 'Can we not talk about this?'
lebih dari setahun yang lalu delenasalvatore said…
I know that the cast and producers can't tell them flat-out that Bamon couldn't happen, in case it upsets them, but I think it's more unfair to the BD fans in the long run to answer them in the affirmative. They just give the Bamon fans a reason to get all psyched up for the future. No matter what vaguely encouraging response to 'Bamon' Ian, Kat, Julie and Kevin might give, they know deep down inside that it could never work out on the show. The main reason being that it wouldn't create a 'love square' (which we sort of already have with Katherine anyway), but another triangle, with Damon, Elena and Bonnie. This would detract the audience from the crux of the story and the BIG triangle with Damon, Elena and Stefan, which would be pointless when they've spent 2 years+ building the triangle in the first place. It would also mean that ultimately, Bonnie and Elena would be rivals competing for Damon's heart. Again, this would screw up the dynamics of the show. The centre of the triangle isn't Damon, it's Elena. The 'rivals' aren't Elena and Bonnie, they're Damon and Stefan. I believe that one of the reason why the writers haven't established any kind of relationship between B/D is because they don't want it to divert attention away from DE. The writers can't have Damon building a friendship with another girl on the show because it leaves it open to too much interpretion of the wrong kind. I know we've had the likes of Rose and Andie, but neither of them lasted long, and they weren't there as 'competition'. I know that Bamon existed in the books, but the two are so different in the show, if the writers did lose their minds and choose to make Bamon have a romance, it would not replicate what they have in the books in any way.

I have just seen the interview of Ian on YouTube, and most of the comments accompanying it take it as a sign that Bamon will/could happen in the future. They are taking it completely out of context. Ian doesn't write the show. Even if he did want it to happen, he has no influence on what the writers do. Just because he's talking about it, it doesn't mean Bamon will happen. I find it absurd that all it takes is ONE person to mention Bamon, and the fans cling onto it like a life-raft, and read it as a prediction for the future. That's how desperate they must be I guess. I mean, no-one talks about them in interviews really except Kat. I am afraid - well, I KNOW - that talking about the possibility of Bamon happening makes BD fans all the more sure that they will, so it only increases their anger and hatred towards us when they don't see it happening on the show.
last edited lebih dari setahun yang lalu
^ oh they think ALOT of it....they are convinced bamon will be endgame.......... hahaha! Ian was just answering a question. I mean what if Paul got the same question?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu traceypharm said…
smile
^ You guys are so right on. They have to look not at just one statement or one interview, if we gathered a bunch of Ian's interviews on how he views Damon, we will see the overwhelming evidence that Damon's heart is all and only for Elena. He would die of absolute heartache without her.
I really feel horrible for Jeremy/Steven. He has grown sooo much the past two seasons and they still ignore him!
^ I KNOW!!!!!!! i love jeremy! give him MORE scenes!
laugh
^He's kind of turning into a full-blown hottie! The last scene in the finale!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu delenaluv said…
smirk
ian looked so annoyed and uncomfortable with this bamon question i swear he paused 4 so long trying 2 think of saying something that wouldnt offend bamon fans. like "yeah i heard something happened in the books" but the fuck it's gonna happen on the show response. i felt uncomfortable 4 him. he was trying so hard to get out of that question in a nice way and mentioning how damon is all about elena was perfect enough 4 me. funny how bamon fans completely leave that part out of their summary of the interview. instead they say with joy that damon is so into the bamon idea. how in the fuck can u watch this video and not see tha man's pain and discomfort and most of all his annoyance with this subject? they will cling to this and sing and rejoice as if it was the new testiment of jesus christ himself leading them into a land joy and wonder when they really need to be lead to the fuckin nut house. they really do only see what they wanna see and hear what they wanna hear and you really shouldnt do that cuz it completely takes you out of reality which seems to be completely fine with them
laugh
to make my point again about hearing what u want 2 hear a bamon fan now thinks something is going on behind the scenes in real life with ian and kat cuz he said kat and i then switched to damon and bonnie like they busted him and he's with kat in real life. do they see any of the nian pics or hear that ian confirmed he and nina are 2gether? no i guess not cuz those things only exist in reality and they couldnt find it if they were lead by mosess himself. excuse all my biblical references, i must be feeling very holy this morning.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JanaP said…
This Ian and Kat think make me even more mad! Ian is with Nina, so get over it!
^ Agree. Just accept it, deal with and get over it.
omfg that annoyed me SO MUCH!! like really? stop acting like something is happening between ian and kat because there is nothing.
laugh
ROFLMAO @delenaluv
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JerseyGirlBritt said…
I saw that interview too, guys. You're right, Ian looked pretty uncomfortable and like he was struggling to come up with something to say about Bamon. I hope he was trying to appease the fanbase when he said he thought Damon and Bonnie could work after watching that scene in The Last Dance. And didn't he say it could be one of those things where they hate each other but might fall for each other later on? That can't be right cause I thought he said some other time that wasn't what was going on with them! Trust me, I'm a Delena fan through and through and really want them together, but is a Bamon endgame that far-fetched? I've seen a lot of shows end with couples who barely had any time together in a series, only for them to realize their feelings at the end and become endgame.

I pray this is not the case because it would make no sense at all and not work. It would be so OOC for Damon. It's not like Delena where they have good friendship moments and help better each other and stuff. And for goodness sakes, Damon and Bonnie have tried to kill each other! I don't understand why Bamon fans like the pairing when they constantly want Bonnie putting Damon in check, insult Damon very harshly quite often, etc. Don't a lot of them say they want the old Damon back? Why would they want her with someone like that? I mean, we like Delena cause they bring out the good and best in each other. Honestly, I can't see a reason to ship Bamon apart from someone being a big Bonnie fan and wanting her to become more important by putting her with a major character. What's wrong with Jeremy? He genuinely cares for and loves her whereas Damon has made it clear he will always choose Elena. I just don't know, lol.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu katie15 said…
LMAO, he implied, AGAIN, that DB would just be a one-night thing. I would be pissed if I was a Bamon fan.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu allicceE said…
blush
What are we talking about? Sorry about disturbing, but I'm new and would like to bring myself into the community. I guess DB, Ian & Kat, right? No, chemistry and totally overrated as couples. I see no sense in them *_*
@allicceE, you must be new. Welcome to the rant thread! At Comic Con, Ian was asked about Bamon hooking up, and now everyone on the BD spot thinks that because he seemed open to the idea, it means he's on 'their side' now and are taking it as a sign that Bamon should/will happen, in spite of him also saying that Damon is too in love with Elena for that to happen, and the last thing Damon would want would be to steal Jeremy's girlfriend (and hack off Elena as a result.)

"Sleeping with a witch would probably be pretty interesting, you know what I mean?" (long pause.) "Bad thoughts, go away!"

He said it in a joking way, but he didn't seem keen to entertain the idea. Yes Ian, you're right, Bamon hook-up = very, VERY bad thought!!

@katie15, yup. 'We hooked up once kid, it was fun.' In other words, Bamon = one night stand. Guess the Bamon fans were so busy doing a happy dance that this completely escaped their attention.

@JerseyGirlBritt, what Ian said was 'It's that thing when you hate someone, and then you fall for them. But Damon is so wrapped up in Elena...'
A lot of people go on about how interesting it would be if Bamon got together because they have a love/hate relationship. I disagree. Maybe they did hate each other in Season 1, but they don't anymore. I would say that for the most part, Damon and Bonnie don't really care one way or another, and remain largely indifferent towards each other. Damon and Bonnie had very brief scenes which were too short to make much of any animosity they felt. A lot of shows do showcase a couple that way by making a love/hate relationship a big feature of the show, and making the dialogue between the 2 sparky and really entertaining to watch. Again, with B/D this was absent. I think the writers would risk making Damon look unbelievably fickle by having him say 'I will gladly let Bonnie die. I will always choose you' and then having him fall for Bonnie. It doesn't matter how much time has elapsed - having Damon fall for Bonnie is on the same par as putting him with Caroline. The only way Bamon could be together is on an alternate universe in which Elena had never been born.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu DustyMoonlight said…
Here's my opinion of D/E t the moment: Damon LOVES Elena, romanticily, there's no doubt. At the moment, I think that Elena really loves Damon as a friend, truely, loves him as a friend, she would be devestated if anything happened to him. And i think this season will be about showing the change from Love as a friend to Love romanticily.
After looking at some of the posts on the rant thread, I have to rant in a major way.

I haven't read the Kevin interview that has got a few people upset. But I find it truly dismaying when a producer says ONE THING about SE or DE, and it leads DE fans to form all these conclusions which confirms their deepest fears: DE never being anything but a fling, SE as the epic love story, SE as endgame, Elena never loving Damon as anything but a friend, Bamon as endgame. Seriously, this season was hard-going for Delena, but at the beginning of Season 3, things have honestly never looked more optimistic or hopeful for them. Just because Elena is still with Stefan and hasn't proclaimed that she loves Damon, it doesn't mean she will NEVER love Damon. Why do people forget that it's a series-long triangle? Do we want everything to happen at once? The fact that DE is getting a slow build-up is what makes the show worth watching, gives their relationship credibility, stability, power, and proves that the writers/producers are invested in their story. Let me tell you something: SE and Bamon fans WANT DE to burn out quickly. The quicker the better for them, because it means they were never supposed to be taken seriously, were never meant to last, and it leads them to (what they hope will be), an SE/DB endgame.
It's not the first time Kevin has said something which indicates he could be pro-SE (I'm not saying he is). But there's a vast difference between what he SAYS and what HAPPENS on the show. Kevin, Julie, even Nina and Ian have ALL said things about the couples which haven't always been DE-friendly. The producers in particular, regularly make statements which are misleading, contradictory, and sometimes, on the face of everything, doesn't make a lot of sense. They are masters of evading the question at hand, they should be politicians. Because they know what's going to happen long before the viewers do, they can't answer a question (especially if it involves DE and the specifics of their relationship/love) directly. They either talk around it and avoid answering it altogether, or they are extremely vague and give responses that hardly differ from what we already know. With SE, they will always use 'positive' adjectives to describe them, like 'soulmates' and 'epic', and when it comes to DE they are a lot more sketchy because there's a great deal that we have yet to see. It's easy to latch onto one thing they say that seems to have negative connotations or implications for us, but if you read the WHOLE answer, you'll probably see that it comes across as gibberish dithering that is neither here nor there.
That's why it bothers me whenever DE fans claim they are ready to throw in the towel and give up on the pairing when Kevin or Julie say things in interviews. It's normal to go through moments of doubt, that happens to everyone, but their faith in the ship cannot be very deep if they are ready to walk away after one interview, and I find that very sad, for them and the fanbase as a whole.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Delena4eva said…
smile
@delenasalvatore I totally agree! Excellent reasoning! Im staying 100% positive there WILL be a Delena love in season 3, if not, it will be season 4. Im not gonna be throwing the towel any time soon!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu JerseyGirlBritt said…
Thank you for your encouraging posts, guys. I looked at my post from yesterday and was hoping no one got annoyed from it, lol. I'm the type to get discouraged easily so I kind of had to put my thoughts out there. Like you all, I haven't gotten to the point of giving up and will continue to try staying positive, especially when you guys are right by saying things look good for our ship right now. With Delena I feel good because their build-up so far has been progressing just right. So again, thanks for listening and the reassuring comments! You all rock.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu darkdoll59 said…
@JerseyGirlBritt I love your post and you are right I have full faith in DE but sometimes I just get sad and mad about interviews like this but it doesn't mean that I am going to give up on DE. they are and going to be my OTP no matter what.
heart
I'm not giving up on DE, never! It takes more than an interview to put my faith down.
kiss
I think this is what makes us such a strong ship/spot, that we do not have to be afraid to express what makes us mad, discouraged, heartbroken, happy...ect. A space set apart where we can encourage and reassure each other, or just rant like hell to get it out. How I would get by without this place, I cannot imagine!
I dont give a shit about the interview.. that's what they said season 1 and beggining of 2. that stelena are "epic"...and look who get all the amazing scenes.....OH RIGHT...DELENA>>>>and stelena get nothing. words are words....but i see NOTHING epic happening on screen so unitl i do? stelena will always be the high school couples who are BORING and NOT epic...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu pastthemoon said…
Seriously Stelena are SO CLICHE. I've been rewatching S1 and they're so awful! They don't make sense. They fall for each other but WHY? They don't know each other at all, Elena even says this in 1x08.. the same episode that Stefan tells Lexi he loves Elena. Uhhhhh..

Damon and Elena actually MAKE SENSE. We've seen him falling in love with her and now we'll see her falling in love with him. They're not just in love out of nowhere. There's actually a DEPTH to their relationship, something that Stelena will never have.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu deluv said…
smile
I think this is what makes us such a strong ship/spot, that we do not have to be afraid to express what makes us mad, discouraged, heartbroken, happy...ect. A space set apart where we can encourage and reassure each other, or just rant like hell to get it out. How I would get by without this place, I cannot imagine!

I agree :P
WTF!! so mad!! ian and nina are not going to the TCA cause they didn't win!! but paul and kat did, and they are going.
I think I've found the Kevin Williamson interview, and I honestly don't think it's a big deal, at all.

"Because you can love someone brotherly, you can love someone like a friend, and I just think [regarding] romantic love, it may not be OK to love both of them."

OK, some fans read this as Kevin saying that Elena is only going to love Damon as a friend. Kevin is talking in the abstract here, when he says 'you', he doesn't mean Elena. He's saying that loving someone as a friend or brother is perfectly legit; however, when it comes to ROMANTIC LOVE, loving MORE than one person is going to cause problems/trouble. Therefore, it's implied that Elena WILL love Damon as a lot more than a friend.

"I think that's the journey. She's on a big journey, because yes, 100 percent yes, she's attracted to this man [Damon]. Yes, she's in love with Stefan; it's the epic love that's never going to change. So she's going to be torn. It's so tragic, these characters."

I believe that "the epic love that's never going to change" caused some unease among the fanbase, but when it comes to describing SE, I don't think the words "epic love" really means very much anymore. If SE really are THE epic love story, then what is the point of writing this 'big journey' about DE? Would Elena really be 'torn' between the 2 brothers if her love with Stefan was a sure thing? Come on writers, SE were NEVER written as 'epic'. Not in any sense of the word. They are at best, a perfectly nice, cute, high school romance. If Kevin thinks that he can pull the 'SE: Epic Romance' card on us, he can think again. SE are the worst 'epic' couple ever written!!!
epicdelena4ever: It isn´t clear if Paul and Kat win something! Last year Kat also go to TCA and didn´t won anything. And also it was stated that maybe Ian and Nina will go, they put still names on quest list, so don´t worry!
i dont think the whole point of elena falling in love with damon is to realize that she truely loves stefan. the whole point of her falling in love with damon is to realize that she truely doesnt love stefan in the 4ever epic sense of the word. and as far as the awards dont tell me paul won over ian in best actor or vampire cuz those r the 2 catagories he was nominated 4 and no way does he deserve 2 win over ian in those. like paul...stefan not so much
meh
Yesterday I made a DE fanvid and I wanted to use the scene where Bonnie sets Damon on fire. One of the comments was:(it's not word for word correct)'Damon attacked Bonnie in the woods and Bonnie set him on fire. I guess they're even now. These two tried to kill each other. If that's not love, I don't know what is...'

WTF?!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu darkdoll59 said…
@HaleyDewit was she being sarcastic or is she for real ? if it's for real then really WTF ???
smile
^Thank you for the post! I think some of us, myself included, need a little reminder from time to time to be patient and positive.
Now after the writers started to say something positiv about DE, SE shippers say that they hope that TVD got cancelet :lol: And the writers didn´t even said that DE are epic, imagine how they will react to that? We kept hearing the epic crap for two years, and I didn´t see comment like that they hope the show get cancelet. If you don´t like it, don´t watch. But wishing to cancel the show, means also wishing for the actors and producers to lose their jobs...
tongue
Gosh, some fans are really pathetic :P
mischievous
You know, right now I wish I could be a fly and see the faces of SE/DB fans when they see the 'Naked Damon-Delena clip' >:D
worried
i read a comment a bamon fan made about quoting the book and it was that elena might be damon's "princess of darkness" but that bonnie was his " last reach towards light". what book did damon say that in and why are they so sure it's the the of bamon to come or in my opinion a sign of the apocalypse.
^He never did say that. They make stuff up.

@ hayleydewit. They probably wished it could have been a SE/DE scene and they probably bitched that it's a pointless delena scene like they always do.
Sometimes I wish the producers weren't on Twitter to be honest. They would probably be better off not reading the idiotic comments fans post. At the end of the day, fans can plague the producers as much as they want: the producers are under no obligation to listen to them. They will write the stories they want, within reason. If they think it would make a good story, they'll write it. If they don't, it doesn't matter how much fans bug them. It won't happen. Petitioning the writers/producers on Twitter won't change a thing.

@delenaluv, I'm sure that Damon never said that about Bonnie in the books. I would definitely have noticed if he did. They could be talking about that Bamon story LJ Smith wrote, 'After Hours', I think it's called. But it's not a part of the series, so it doesn't count.
smile
well as soon as you start going towards the light that means your following the light towards death and bonnie would be the death of damon so damon stay away fron the light...dont follow the light down the tunnel of death which is what life with bonnie would be. dont reach for the light. do what elena said and just say no. i'm glad that's cleared up.
laugh
^LMAO
Everyone who didn´t read the books should read them, so that you know that the DB "romance" isn´t existent at all. Before I read the books I was really afraid to read it, but after I read it I was like: "So why the hell are they shipped?! I don´t see anyting!"
Everyone who didn´t read the books should read them, so that you know that the DB "romance" isn´t existent at all. Before I read the books I was really afraid to read it, but after I read it I was like: "So why the hell are they shipped?! I don´t see anyting!"
i read it and im still like "WTF?" lol. I just pretend bamon is non-existent and live in a world where everything is delena!
^ I think there is nothing to pretend. They are non-existent.
smile
It is true. It is all on Bonnie's side, a school girl's crush. No pretending needed.
Btw, about the youtube comment, it was a joke. She or he told me and I apologized. Sometimes it's hard to see sarcasm on the net, you know.