Battlestar Galactica Season 1: speculation

harold posted on Feb 26, 2007 at 09:23PM
Having only watched most of season 1 and a couple of episodes of season 2, I've nevertheless got a theory about the cylons: they had infiltrated human society long before the attacks, with a detailed plan on which humans were to survive and which weren't, with the plan that they would be guided (through various means) to eventually go to Earth. All that's unclear to me is *why* the Cylons would want to have the humans lead them to Earth. So virtually everything we see in the series (first season at least) was premeditated by the Cylons. They've set the events in motion, with a controlled cast of humans, and with only the occasional pull of a string they are sitting back and watching events play out as they'd planned them.

What makes it interesting is that humans are emotional - thus not fully predictable - and what's more, the android Cylons are, too. So it's almost as if, in implementing their plan, they were also introducing the flaws in their plan.

Battlestar Galactica 3 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu papa said…
Interesting thoughts Harold. Big question: do you think that Adama will be revealed to be one of the final 4 (or was it 5?) cylon skinjobs? It would fit nicely with your theory.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
Thought about it, but I don't think so. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that the other android cylons actually *replaced* living people (the fact that there's so many copies of each model also speaks to the contrary), and Bill Adama has been around for too long to be one of them. He fathered children, for cryin' out loud! The Cylon was just trying to sow discord in suggesting it to the President.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu harold said…
So now, having finally finished season 3, I have to retract what I said: it seems pretty clear that the four Cylons of the final twelve (we're still missing one) ARE replacements of pre-existing humans.