anime Interview

PurpleStar17 posted on Oct 24, 2013 at 12:34AM
Hey guys i'm writing an article for my high school about the rise of fandoms (All the fans of something, like anime) and everything about them. I want to get interview from as many different fandoms as I can. Can you please help me make that possible? Maybe even spread it to any friends that you think would like it.
The interview usually takes around 20 minutes, although I've never done it online. It would be questions like: "What are your favorites things about it?","What made you interested in it originally?", "Who are some people from the fandom you share news with or talk to about new episodes and such?" or, "What are some of your favorite sites to visit about your fandoms interest?"
In case you're wondering or it makes a difference, I am a pretty big fan myself. That's why I picked fandoms as a topic, because I'm in so many.
Also, I will need you to inbox me your real name because my teacher wont let us use "anonymous". Sorry. I'd really love any help though because I know it could take my article to the next level and make it great!

anime 16 balasa

Click here to write a response...
lebih dari setahun yang lalu x-Yumi-x3 said…
Okay so how are you gonna do this?
PurpleStar17 commented…
Well I was planning on doing it in messaging, lebih people are interested than expected! I think I'll post my pertanyaan on here, and anda guys can post you're jawaban atau send them to me. And send you're name. Thank anda guys, you're all awesome!! :D lebih dari setahun yang lalu
x-Yumi-x3 commented…
Okay! lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu LOLerz25 said…
smile
Seems interesting. I'd be happy to take part in it.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cerudays said…
Awesome! I'd love to help out.
lebih dari setahun yang lalu panisepic said…
smile
I'd be happy to help you out!
PurpleStar17 commented…
That's great! Thank you! :D lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu egyptprincess7 said…
It sounds fun. I would love to help you out.
PurpleStar17 commented…
that would be awesome! Be prepared to talk about how much anda cinta anime ;) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Shutara-sama said…
Cool this will sound fun. I never been interview before.
PurpleStar17 commented…
haha yea it's my first doing it online too. I'll just warn anda that a big part of interviewing is looking for a great quote. So if anda don't want it published (at my tiny school), you'd have to tell me not to quote anda atau to not include it at all. Just so anda know :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu animetrollylol said…
would be awesome by groupe chatt, anyway i'll join
lebih dari setahun yang lalu iluvkisshu said…
i'll help u~
:)
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Marion18 said…
Sounds nice. (:
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PurpleStar17 said…
big smile
Thank you for agreeing to being interviewed! Great news: my teacher said I can just use your usernames! For your replies, I need your answers preferably by wednesday but Thursday at latest. Here’s how it works:
Just answer, but make sure it’s stuff you’re comfortable with being published! Also, since anything you say is stuff you said EXACTLY, I can quote you on it. If you don't want me to quote you, tell me and I will do an indirect quote instead. (so instead of: “Being in a fandom is great!” she beamed, it would be: she happily explained that being in a fandom was great.) Or if you ask, I won't put it in at all.

1. What got you started? (Did a friend show you?) Did you fall in love with your fandom’s object slowly or just suddenly become a huge fan? Describe what happened, because everyone has a unique story.
2. What is your fandom like?(How would you describe it to someone who’d never heard of it?)
3. Describe your fandom in one word. (anxious, determined, stubborn, wierd, crazy, awesome, etc. A list of adjectives helps give me ideas when I’m stuck. link)
4. What are some stories you can tell? Stories about you staying up late to watch a new episode with your friends. Stories of the time you stood in line for hours just to get a book. It can be funny, sad, anything.
5. What are some of your favorite online sites to visit (Type name and send link please) for:
For pictures
For news updates
For other
6. Who is your main enemy fandom (If you have one. Maybe a competing show?)? Have you gotten in a fight with any of them, real life or online?
7. What are some challenges you face? (Not being able to meet your idol, writing fanfics and getting writer block, etc.)
8. When something happens in the fandom, like a new episode comes out, who would you usually go talk to about it with? What would you usually say about it? (Talk about the plot or about the actors?)
9. If you could meet your favorite person or character, what would you say to them?Why? (Maybe you would just stand there and scream, or give them a hug.)
10. Do you like being in the fandom? The general opinion of fandoms they cause the fans to go from casual fan to hardcore internet fan and it takes over their life. Is this true for you? Do you spend most of your time in your fandom, absorbing every detail, whether looking at pictures, reading fanfics, or watching videos?
Are you happier now, or would you like to go back to not having a fandom?
11. What fandoms do you like and not like? Why?
12. Do people you know or at people at school pick on you about being a fan? What have they done or said? How did you feel?
lebih dari setahun yang lalu animegurl235 said…
is it too late for me to join TT^TT
PurpleStar17 commented…
NO of course not! Like i said, i just have to have the jawaban in oleh thursday at latest. anda can post them here atau send them to me if anda dont want others to see them :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu Cerudays said…
Ooh, this is a wonderful idea! :) I'll send my answers to you via PM.
Cerudays commented…
Just sent it! ^_^ lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu x-Yumi-x3 said…
Done! sent it to you!
lebih dari setahun yang lalu animegurl235 said…
1. What got you started? (Did a friend show you?) Did you fall in love with your fandom’s object slowly or just suddenly become a huge fan? Describe what happened, because everyone has a unique story.

Hm, well I actually have a weird story. when i was 10, in 5th grade, my friend told me about anime and recommended me School Days .. yeah. so i watched it, and was scarred for life, hated anime, and decided to never watch it again. But then, months later, i watched gosick and fell in love!! and then i became obsessed with anime

2. What is your fandom like?(How would you describe it to someone who’d never heard of it?)

Well, we're very passionate XD. we whole-heartedly love anime, and are really supportive of each other. sometimes, we can get pretty crazy to defend it though...

3. Describe your fandom in one word. (anxious, determined, stubborn, wierd, crazy, awesome, etc. A list of adjectives helps give me ideas when I’m stuck. www.enchantedlearning.com/wordlist/adjeect­­iv­e­s­fo­­rpe­­op­l­e­.s­­htm­­l)

Passionate. Dedicated. Something along those lines.

4. What are some stories you can tell? Stories about you staying up late to watch a new episode with your friends. Stories of the time you stood in line for hours just to get a book. It can be funny, sad, anything.

Uh.. when the final episode of attack on titan came out, I stayed up til 1 am waiting for it............ and then my crunchyroll account decided to break down..... TT^TT and i had to wait a week to watch the episode... I was so sad.

5. What are some of your favorite online sites to visit (Type name and send link please) for:
For pictures
For news updates
For other

I use Fanpop basically to chat with my online friends and for pictures. but i use crunchyroll (www.crunchyroll.com) to watch anime because it's completely legal and free ^^

6. Who is your main enemy fandom (If you have one. Maybe a competing show?)? Have you gotten in a fight with any of them, real life or online?

I don't think we really have one... maybe american cartoons or something like that. and no! i try to respect people and their interests, even though i sometimes disagreee with them... XD

7. What are some challenges you face? (Not being able to meet your idol, writing fanfics and getting writer block, etc.)

That anime isn't real. Definetely. XD and also, i find it hard to find an anime fan where I live. I don't have much friends because people regard me as a freak :(

8. When something happens in the fandom, like a new episode comes out, who would you usually go talk to about it with? What would you usually say about it? (Talk about the plot or about the actors?)

Either people on Fanpop, or my one friend who also loves anime. We basically talk about the new episode, our favorite characters, and drool over the voice actors XD

9. If you could meet your favorite person or character, what would you say to them?Why? (Maybe you would just stand there and scream, or give them a hug.)

I would just be in shock, and think I was dreaming, because that could never happen, unfortunately XD

10. Do you like being in the fandom? The general opinion of fandoms they cause the fans to go from casual fan to hardcore internet fan and it takes over their life. Is this true for you? Do you spend most of your time in your fandom, absorbing every detail, whether looking at pictures, reading fanfics, or watching videos?
Are you happier now, or would you like to go back to not having a fandom?

OF COURSE!!! XD without being an anime fan, I would kind of be alone in life.... the only thing I basically have an interest in is anime X3

11. What fandoms do you like and not like? Why?

I'm not really a huge fan of the My Little Pony fandoms...

12. Do people you know or at people at school pick on you about being a fan? What have they done or said? How did you feel?

Yeah, all the time. I was actually depressed for a period of time in middle school for being bullied so much for loving anime. I'm totally fine now though, and have made anime loving friends!
PurpleStar17 commented…
Ok i just have one follow up pertanyaan from number 1. What, if anything, made anda decide to watch the detik anime? Did anda think it would be better for some reason atau did anda just want to give it a detik chance? lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu panisepic said…
1. Hmmmm well, I guess for the most part my friends got me into it. I enjoyed a lot of the stuff they showed me and it was fun to have someone to talk about the stuff with. Before anime I wouldn't say I had much of any interests or hobbies, I'm not good at most things ^^" even though I didn't get into anime until I was about 13. So being part of a fandom has really brought out a lot of, well, me I guess.

2. I would describe the anime fandom as extremely creative, fun, open, funny, musical, the list is endless. I know there's a lot of stereotyping that goes on when people think of "Otaku" or just general "Nerds". I really think we would prove them wrong. We wear shirts with characters on them, you wear a foot-ball jersey. We talk about last nights episode, you talk about last nights game. We have favorite characters, you have favorite players. You think it's weird we listen to something in another language we can't understand, all your plays, scores, player names, and teams are just as much gibberish to me as anime is to you.

3. In one word.....Creative. There's so much fanart, fanfictions, songs, cosplays, dances, it's endless.

4. ah so many.... I think one of my favorite things to talk about are conventions. Waking up at 6am to put on cosplay, gather up friends and drive to the yearly con that comes to my state. All the people and talent is incredible. I remember meeting some favorite voice actors of mine and finally getting their autograph after standing in a line for what seemed like hours. I was so excited and nervous at the same time! totally worth it might I add.

5. Favorite sites? Well I'm an advocate for watching anime legally so crunchyroll (also for news), hulu , and funimations site are usually where you'll find me. I love using nico nico and Youtube for vocaloid songs. Other than those I like using fanpop to talk to other fans! Umm can you get the links yourself, just googe the names, if you really need them message me and I'll give to you I guess?

6. A competing fandom? Well usually people who like anime are also parts of various other fandoms, Video games, Dr.Who, Homestuck, MLP everyone has other interests. I wouldn't call them rival fandom though. I think out biggest challege as a fandom is having the reputation as "nerds" to people not in it. Obviously their are some people who really hate anime, but everyone has their own opinion, I think our biggest rivals are just people who can't accept that we don't like the same things as them. Although I've honestly never understood homestucks.....

7. My biggest challenge is kind of the same as I said above, having people think I'm weird. Another challenge would be cosplay, it expensive and time consuming!

8. I talk about with my friends or people online, depending on the anime I'll usually focus on either characters or story, maybe even shippings XD

9. If I where to ever meet any of my favorite characters I can't help but think they would kill me so fast....

10. I love being in a fandom! I have met many friends thanks to it and I get out just the same if not more, than when I wasn't. Being in a fandom has brought a lot of good times into my life that I wouldn't have otherwise. I honestly don't know what I'd being doing now if it weren't for this. Fandoms can bring people together over a common interest.

11. There's not really any fandom I hate particular since everyone has their own interests. Hate the person not the fandom if their being a jerk.

12. I've just had people think I'm weird and not understand anime. I think everyone is part of a fandom weather they think so or not. I never been truly harassed for it though.

Thanks for letting me participate, character limit in messages so I'm posting this here! good luck with your project I hope I helped at least a little! sorry if there's bad spelling....
PurpleStar17 commented…
Thank you! This did definitly help me! I am already planning using part of your answer to #2 as a quote, the part where anda compare and contrast. That was just perfect, seriously, thank you, anda genius! It will let readers inside your head :) lebih dari setahun yang lalu
lebih dari setahun yang lalu PurpleStar17 said…
OMG guys you wouldn't believe my stupidity. I got done with this days after the interviews, and THOUGHT i posted it when i was done cuz i was soo excited to show you guys the end result! after all, you contributed towards it! :) so here i am, been assuming that i had posted it a looong time ago for you guys... and i just decided to log on to see whats happening and guess what? Im a scatter brained idiot. Which, if you knew me, wouldn't be a suprise at all! seriously Im so forgetful.
EX: i ACTUALLY forgot my bday last year. when my friend came to say happy bday, im like, ¨whaa...ohh yea its my bday¨ and she stared at me. and then today i was just going to the office to call home to tell the to pick me up after school instead of way later, and started walking out the door with my binder in hand...
-__-

Annnywayys heres the link to the article:link
hope you enjoy, and feel well represented and that i got your points across :D